1.    #1  
    In the past 2 days, I have experienced consistent soft resets from 3 different apps on my Sprint Treo 700p.

Pressing the home button which I have programmed to launch LauncherX immediately goes into a soft reset. However, the built-in home app works just fine. I've been using LauncherX for many months without problems until now.

When launching xWeather app, this too immediately goes into a soft reason, which previously was working fine for the past several weeks. Strangely, 4Cast works fine though.

Lastly, when opening emails with SnapperMail, this too goes into a soft reset, but yet ChatterEmail and Versamail work just fine.

What is happening lately?!? I have had to delete the 3 apps that are causing soft resets, and for now things seem okay. It seems very abnormal to have 3 random apps experience the same problem at the same time recently. Anyone else experiencing any of this?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Casey, Casey, Casey. . .

What am I going to do with you?!?!?!

Sorry you are having problems. I am wondering if your Saved Preferences file might be corrupt. I can't think of anything else that might crash 3 different programs at once.

Any other ideas?

p.s. I noticed you will have 1,000 posts soon!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Have you tried reinstalling them, yet?
  4.    #4  
    Hi Tony: Howya doing? Where do I find the Saved Preference file? How does this work? No, haven't noticed I'm nearing 1000 posts. That pales compared to The Munk's 10,000 posts, if that record is still going on!?

Christina: No, not yet. Will re-install later today. Will wait awhile to see if anything else crashes.
    Casey
    The Saved Preferences file is in your Palm Backup folder. You can delete it and re-enter all your registration codes fresh...I'm not sure of another way to fix it if it's corruped. Maybe, you could try restoring that individual file from an older backup (BackupMan etc...) when you weren't experiencing resets.

Maybe this will help?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=25
  6.    #6  
    Well here's an update: I have reinstalled the 3 programs, and they seem to work fine again. I didn't know how to mess with the Saved Preference folder, so I didn't try this. Hopefully everything will work right. Fingers crossed.
    Casey
    Casey, interesting you posted this. I have LauncherX and just installed MunduIM and xWeather on my Treo650 and my almost crashless phone started doing soft resets and 1 or 2 hard resets. I've deleted xWeather just to be safe.
    The best way to "mess with the Saved Preferences file" is with NorthGlide's "Cleanup" app. Get rid of the blue dots from saved preferences (backup to be safe). It has allowed me to NEVER have to do a complete reinstall for years with my TH55 and Treo 700p.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p