1.    #1  
    Can someone explain to me what the difference in the data plan I will need, from my 650 to a 755p? I currently pay $5 a month for unlimited (my phone is second phone on plan. First phone is $15). How would getting the 755p change this?
    Thanks!
    650 has the Sprint "Vision" network (basicly interent at 56k modem Speads)
    700p / 755P has the "Power Vision" or High speed netweork ability (think slow DSL)

You'll need to upgrade to the power Vision network. it's much more then $5 (i forget the exact price , my bill is on Autopay) The most expnsive flat rate is $60 bucks - but that's if you are using it as a modem I'm guessing it should be in the high 20's low 30's

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...Topic=packages

Check there site for more prices
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    650 has the Sprint "Vision" network (basicly interent at 56k modem Speads)
    700p / 755P has the "Power Vision" or High speed netweork ability (think slow DSL)

You'll need to upgrade to the power Vision network. it's much more then $5 (i forget the exact price , my bill is on Autopay) The most expnsive flat rate is $60 bucks - but that's if you are using it as a modem I'm guessing it should be in the high 20's low 30's

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...Topic=packages

Check there site for more prices

Thanks for that. And there's no option if i am just fine with my normal vision package...I use it for emial 98% of the time, so a "power" vision plan is something I really don't need. I think I'll stick with my 650 for now
    yeah - no option - if your w/ the 700p/755p u have to have power vision
    da Gimp

So your saying they won't just let me keep my 650's vision pack, and not use evdo speed? That would suck if your required to pay the $30 or whatever it is for data. I don't use it enough to justify that, especially when I have wifi @ home. hmmmm. . .

Will they let you cancel data and use the phone as simply a PDA and phone? No data?
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    So your saying they won't just let me keep my 650's vision pack, and not use evdo speed? That would suck if your required to pay the $30 or whatever it is for data. I don't use it enough to justify that, especially when I have wifi @ home. hmmmm. . .

Will they let you cancel data and use the phone as simply a PDA and phone? No data?

No - they will not. Not in my experience. I would suggest you call and ask, but I am 90% sure the answer is 'no'. Sorry.
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post

Try $15 or whatever it is for data.
    at&t iPhone3G
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Try $15 or whatever it is for data.
    Is that $15 for each phone on account, or is it less for additional phones?
    There are several Power Vision packs that cost $15, $20, and $25 per month. You get extra features with the more expensive ones, obviously. If you want to legitimately tether the Treo to a computer, you need the Phone as Modem add-on which is $40 a month on top of the normal Power Vision costs. There are ways to get around that, though.

That said, you do NOT need to upgrade to a Power Vision plan if you get a Power Vision phone. If you call and get the right rep using the right billing system (P2K), they can put a Power Vision phone on a plan without adding anything and you'll get full EVDO speeds. I don't believe you'll get all the extra bells and whistles that paying for the newer Power Vision plans would give you, but for web browsing and e-mail and that kind of stuff, it'll work just fine.

Edit: You have to pay for Power Vision for each line.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    That said, you do NOT need to upgrade to a Power Vision plan if you get a Power Vision phone.

Are you sure about that? Don't mean to question you, but I was pretty sure sprint forced you to upgrade.
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Are you sure about that? Don't mean to question you, but I was pretty sure sprint forced you to upgrade.
    In theory, you're supposed to have a Power Vision plan for a Power Vision phone. However if the phone is added with P2K, it will work. Check www.sprintusers.com, there are a few threads about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    In theory, you're supposed to have a Power Vision plan for a Power Vision phone. However if the phone is added with P2K, it will work. Check www.sprintusers.com, there are a few threads about it.
    thanks ! checking now
    da Gimp