Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    If/when the MR comes out, hopefully it'll give the powers that be on this board the opportunity to create a ROM tool like they did with the 650 so we can customize our 700's ROMS like we can our 650's.

    Its been said that, thats all they are waiting for.

    Hopefully...

    Then, we can get all this bloat out of our ROMs and really use the available memory more useful.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  2. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #2  
    I wonder if we would be able to put in the updated contacts that allows mapping to google maps?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    I wonder if we would be able to put in the updated contacts that allows mapping to google maps?
    I think that the MR would bring our 700p's to the EXACT same OS as the 755p, since it is under the same provider, same hardware, and this will replace the 700p. I hope they dont think this 'replacement' will encourage us 700p'ers to buy the 755p for a lousy IM client or GoogleMaps integration w/ contacts!!!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Then, we can get all this bloat out of our ROMs and really use the available memory more useful.

    I don't know about most people, but I would have a hard time filling up my 700P memory with programs and related files. Sure there are a few things I don't need in the rom, but compared to the 650 and before, it's huge. I'm not an expert on roms, but I don't think you would get much extra usable space on the 700 by deleting a few apps from the rom.
  5. kaivorb's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #5  
    It's not just the useable space. I just want to get rid of all that extra crap that's on there that I don't use. I never fill up onboard RAM (that's why I have my SD card), but I hate having wasteful programs on there.

    I really think they should just put the bare minimum in RAM, and just make everything a .prc to be loaded on. Even the web browser and such.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I don't know about most people, but I would have a hard time filling up my 700P memory with programs and related files. Sure there are a few things I don't need in the rom, but compared to the 650 and before, it's huge. I'm not an expert on roms, but I don't think you would get much extra usable space on the 700 by deleting a few apps from the rom.

    The one major think I would want to put in the rom is the SDIO driver from the 680 which allows 700p users to use SDHC cards with capacities like 8 GB etc. The problem right now is that if you do a hard reset on a 700p, it won't recognize the SDHC card because the SDIO driver is obviously gone. THis makes using SD backup apps like backupman completely useless when you need to do a back restore. Putting the SDIO driver in ROM would solve this...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    The one major think I would want to put in the rom is the SDIO driver from the 680 which allows 700p users to use SDHC cards with capacities like 8 GB etc. The problem right now is that if you do a hard reset on a 700p, it won't recognize the SDHC card because the SDIO driver is obviously gone. THis makes using SD backup apps like backupman completely useless when you need to do a back restore. Putting the SDIO driver in ROM would solve this...

    yep mosdef add to that the BT tether hack and now you can see why this ROM tool is so important to peeps.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.

Posting Permissions