Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1.    #1  
    So,
    I know a big issue with all of the 700p holders is the IM feature.
    With the end of Verichat,
    and people having problems with Toccer, Mundu, etc,
    it's become quite the hassle,
    and a big issue in the forums.

    Well, as we all know,
    with the launch of the 755p,
    there is a new integrated IM feature.
    I've read several threads on possibly finding this feature for the 700p.
    Is it out of the question?

    In my opinion,
    I think not.

    According to the Gizmodo video review of the 755p,
    the IM feature simply takes you to a sprint link,
    where you download the application itself.
    It's at no cost,
    and like I said,
    a SIMPLE download.
    There must be a way to access this link for 700p users.

    Take a look at the screenshot:
    http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/bryunshop/IM.jpg

    Do you see where I might be headed with this?
    Hmmm,
    now my mind is curious.

    What do YOU think?

    [♥]
    Bryun.
    <img src="http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/bryunshop/brettfavrenone2lmnb1.gif" border="0" >
  2. #2  
    How about "Send as Gift" to me?

    Will it work on the 650?
  3. #3  
    Looks like you need to use TXT to send and receive IM messages.

    Mundu IM is only 10 bux right?
  4. #4  
    someone post the URL to download...
  5. #5  
    I've also read this uses txt messaging. Too bad VZW doesn't have any reasonably priced txt messaging plans. I'll stick to using Mundu and Chatopus.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Looks like you need to use TXT to send and receive IM messages.

    Mundu IM is only 10 bux right?
    Messaging is good in a way, the person receiving need not have a IM client. (if that is the way it works)

    Anyways, I've purchased so many apps that I no longer use, that I'm all into freebies...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I've also read this uses txt messaging. Too bad VZW doesn't have any reasonably priced txt messaging plans. I'll stick to using Mundu and Chatopus.
    If you have a data plan you can get a free 2000 SMS (some say it is actually unlimited, no charges past 2000 msgs) bonus package. It's called PDA SMS 2000. Search and you will find info about it, I got my GF to hook it up to her Vzw plan with the 700p, it's real.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Messaging is good in a way, the person receiving need not have a IM client. (if that is the way it works)

    Anyways, I've purchased so many apps that I no longer use, that I'm all into freebies...
    That's not how it works. This means it uses SMS to wake the device when in background mode (not sure about foreground, I would expect it to use a combination of modes) when an IM is received, which is much more stable and efficient than maintaining a background net connection.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    That's not how it works. This means it uses SMS to wake the device when in background mode (not sure about foreground, I would expect it to use a combination of modes) when an IM is received, which is much more stable and efficient than maintaining a background net connection.
    This would be much better for battery life as well.
  10. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #10  
    For a limited time there was a link posted in another forum which allowed a download of the sprint im app. However, no one was able to get it to work on their treo 700p or the 650. Unfortunately the link is now dead.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  11. #11  
    damn! well I hope shadowmite or someone else will be able to extract it from the rom?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    If you have a data plan you can get a free 2000 SMS (some say it is actually unlimited, no charges past 2000 msgs) bonus package. It's called PDA SMS 2000. Search and you will find info about it, I got my GF to hook it up to her Vzw plan with the 700p, it's real.
    Thanks g-funk!!!

    Just called and got hooked up with the plan.
  13. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #13  
    Yahoo seems to work, but the MSN and AIM do not work. Perhaps they are not switched on yet?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  14. #14  
    With the release of the 755p around the corner, I would think that the IM client will be on the MR, and that cant be too far away! They must include this to satisfy the patient and loyal bunch of 700p users!
  15. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    With the release of the 755p around the corner, I would think that the IM client will be on the MR, and that cant be too far away! They must include this to satisfy the patient and loyal bunch of 700p users!
    I would think Palm would mention if there would be a new app in the MR. I don't remember anytime a MR included a new app in the past. Perhaps sprint will sell the app individually.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  16. #16  
    there's no way they would release it in the MR, then why would peopl buy the 755? :-) Anyone have the prc for that download? does it have the same "IM" icon as on 755?
  17. #17  
    Call me ignorant but I really dont see the use for the applications unless you are a teenager...

    I used to use aim way back in the day and still have a screen name today in college but no one uses it anymore we all text or call each other. Aim was useful in the day that you didnt have your own cell phone.

    I had veri chat installed but never used it...
  18. #18  
    I use it for work, family, and friends. I would have a huge use for it...
  19. #19  
    I think there are a lot of people who use it for interoffice communication. It would be helpful for people who are in the field a lot & have to communicate with people back at the office.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Call me ignorant but I really dont see the use for the applications unless you are a teenager...

    I used to use aim way back in the day and still have a screen name today in college but no one uses it anymore we all text or call each other. Aim was useful in the day that you didnt have your own cell phone.

    I had veri chat installed but never used it...
    Hence you just made the point of why IM is soooo important. IT really is a generational thing. Alot of twenty somethings and younger crowd that carry around sidekicks and post myspace etc live on IM. IF Palm wants to penetrate this consumer market they must absolutely support IM out of the box like this. IM should be considered as essential as email client, office compatibilty and etc....
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions