Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    So far it has been a no go. It appears to only work on 755p.
    Bummer. Thanks, Ink!
    bouncing off the top of this cloud. I'll be on VIRB.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starria View Post
    Bummer. Thanks, Ink!
    If you check the thread in the 755 forum now, thetoad managed to get the program working. However, its not the simplest hack to get working.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I installed it and was far from impressed. Deleted it after a couple of hours.

Ben
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I installed it and was far from impressed. Deleted it after a couple of hours.

Ben
    Yes, toccer which is free works much better. It is about 2x as fast and works while outside the app. And you don't have to mess with that odd mobile buddy list.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Well when I walk around a college campus, I see tons more sidekicks than Treo, so ymmv. But I still maintain that younger people are more inclined to use IM than older ones...
    Eh, I'm almost 28. I didn't grow up with AOL (though I got my first personal email account in 6th grade), as I got my internet connection via using slirp w/ trumpet winsock back in the Win 3.x days. So I didn't really start using IM till college. At first we used ICQ, but most of my friends ended up using AIM so that's my main app today (though via gaim/pidgin, I'm currently logged into 8 accounts spread over 4 services (aim, yahoo, msn, and google).

For me IM is a great way to keep in touch with friends that have moved away. It provides an immediacy that email doesn't, while at the same time provides a distance that voice communication doesn't (sometimes calling up someone you haven't spoken to in ages is a little difficult, much easier to send them a "hey, what's up, long time no speak").

In some ways, I see facebook and the like being used as a similiar means today. In fact, I expect one day there will be an IM client interface to facebook (they already have an sms interface).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123