Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Good review! Can't wait to have one of these in my hands . Definately getthing this device when it comes out....the days can't go by fast enough for me >.<
    Good review my foot. All these reviewers are sycophants. Is there any reviewer that calls it like it is or are they all afraid to rock the boat? If you want change in this world you have to stand up & demand it & speak the truth. Not pretend everything is rosey! I mean have you seen the reviews at treonauts. Every single review on the accessories are glowing. This is just unreal. Then people buy these products based on glowing reviews but then realize they don't work (especially anything bluetooth). People who sell these items should not be doing reviews. That's like me reviewing all the dishes at my own restaurant! Ohhhhh the inhumanity!!!!
    Wow, another 700p. Did I miss something or is this a very minor update (if you can really call it that) to the 700p?

Now, Palm Linux will be something I want to see

If this "new" phone is Palm's answer to the iPhone, I think they need to re-evaluate their strategy.
    er, maybe you guys should find someone who has USED a 700p before to preview/review the 755p?
    Overall I'm pretty disappointed with this. I wasn't expecting Wifi, but the apparent lack of upgrades (other than fixes for the 700p's problems) is amazing. I'm probably going to get one because I still have a 650 and unless the 700p drops in price dramatically, why not? At this point I'd love to get a 6800 but who knows when it'll be out and I don't want to wait around forever. The same OS, camera, Bluetooth, CPU, RAM, and EVDO Rev 0 is just astounding. I'm not saying it will be a bad device, but why bother with it at all? I think it would make more sense to apply the fixes to the 700p (which they are), and hold off on another POS Treo until they have a real upgrade for it.

Well, it looks like the 700p is no longer on the SERO site, so I'll be getting the 755p afterall unless the 6800 miraculously comes out soon.
  6.    #7  
    well, to be fair, on its own merits the 755p IS a good treo, it's just a year behind.
    Best part about this review is word of a 1600mah battery. Bodes well for the 755w!
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    So will it have a larger cache? If it isn't more stable than the 700p then I don't want it.
    The Treo 680's phone application is rubbish. Too few favourites on any one screen; too easy to scroll past them if you have more than one screen's worth. Tabs take up too much screen real estate. Starting screen is a waste of space.

Glad to see the old one brought back.
    1600 mAh vs. 1200 or 1300 was welcome.

This is not Palm's answer to the iPhone, this is just a physical form factor refresh of the 700P for new purchasers . . . . the Treo that will tell whether Palm is staying in the "game" is my 900P.

The feature set of the 900P (or whatever it's number) had best bring the "PalmOS" Treos current with the market of that time. This is my expectation.

If this fails, then those of us hanging on to our PalmOS software libraries will most likely migrate . . . . . . . and not necessarily to a Palm provided WM6 Treo.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/09/2007 at 09:17 AM.
    Yeah, I get a little miffed when we're told, "but wait! there are good things coming!" and what we *see* is something like the 755p. At this point, if it ain't Linux and has benefit of purchased technology (e.g. ChatterMail), then I just don't care about it.

I may have to join you in the PPR as we await the Linux device...
    Anyone think they'll just release the 755p ROM as the Maintenance Release? Since they are the same Hardware it shouldn't be too difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Anyone think they'll just release the 755p ROM as the Maintenance Release? Since they are the same Hardware it shouldn't be too difficult.
    It couldn't be exactly the same, there are some differences. Take the MiniSD card slot, for example. But there isn't much, so I don't see why they couldn't modify the ROM for use with the 700p if they wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Probably not, mostly since MR's don't seem to ever be used to actually upgrade POS release. 700P uses 5.4, 755P uses 5.4.9 (similar to 680).
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    I may have to join you in the PPR as we await the Linux device...
    I'm already there. The only good thing about the 755p is that my 700p remains just as relevant as it relates to the "flagship" PalmOS Treo (700p warts aside). For us 700p owners, the next upgrade device will be the Linux-based one. I imagine all of Palms efforts are going into that device and was not expecting the 755p to be anything other then a 700p with the bugs fixed.
    Great review Jennifer!! The 755p is a great Treo. Hopefully Palm will be able to use whatever they did to make the 755p so stable with the 700p ROM upgrade.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 05/09/2007 at 10:39 AM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    er, maybe you guys should find someone who has USED a 700p before to preview/review the 755p?
    Sooooooooooo agreed,

How can you start off a review by saying this is more of a comparison to the 700P than a review of the 755 because they are so similar and then go on to say (a minimum of 3x's that I can remember) that they dont use a 700 so therefore they cant speak on the subject if this or that feature is better?

Seriously?

Cmon seriously?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Does anybody that owns a 700P really want this phone??? The humanity. At this point I really think palm thinks we are stupid or something. I swear if the new linux based treo doesnt compete well against cutting edge phones that are out there now, I'm done with palm. 755P my A**!!! It's just the 700P cloked in a different skin. I might have been born the day before yesterday but i sure wasnt born yersterday!!

p.s The review should really say for us to refer to the 700P review with the addition of a new form factor(antenna less) and miniSD addition. No need for a full review.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    Good review my foot. All these reviewers are sycophants. Is there any reviewer that calls it like it is or are they all afraid to rock the boat? If you want change in this world you have to stand up & demand it & speak the truth. Not pretend everything is rosey! I mean have you seen the reviews at treonauts. Every single review on the accessories are glowing. This is just unreal. Then people buy these products based on glowing reviews but then realize they don't work (especially anything bluetooth). People who sell these items should not be doing reviews. That's like me reviewing all the dishes at my own restaurant! Ohhhhh the inhumanity!!!!

AMEN!!!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast