Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This isnt going to make me want to switch from a 700p. It would have been better to use their resources towards releasing a completely brand new treo earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    This isnt going to make me want to switch from a 700p. It would have been better to use their resources towards releasing a completely brand new treo earlier.
    Agree. Looks have been using almost all their resourses on the yet to be released treo. They certainly didn't use much for this release.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    Good review my foot. All these reviewers are sycophants. Is there any reviewer that calls it like it is or are they all afraid to rock the boat? If you want change in this world you have to stand up & demand it & speak the truth. Not pretend everything is rosey! I mean have you seen the reviews at treonauts. Every single review on the accessories are glowing. This is just unreal. Then people buy these products based on glowing reviews but then realize they don't work (especially anything bluetooth). People who sell these items should not be doing reviews. That's like me reviewing all the dishes at my own restaurant! Ohhhhh the inhumanity!!!!
    I totally agree. This is hardly called an upgrade to the 700p, in fact it isn't. It's just a straight replacement. It's so fair behind the times now it's not even funny. Blazer? Still?!? That IM app doesn't look very enticing, and the supposed voice activation is only a trial and requires a data connection? Are they serious?

Septimus, that review was WAY to easy on Palm. 4's and 5's? Compared to all the other smartphones/PDAs available today? This really should have been reviewed by someone who has been frustrated by the 700p issues as well.
    Merlyn3d, I agree 100%.
    Merlyn I am agreed as well ;-). By the way is there any sites in existance that give real reviews on tech stuff? & then you can vote on the best negative & positive ones so the top reviews/ reviewers are on top?
    It's reviews like this that make me wonder how they can use the word "RESOURCE" in the description of this site. It's almost like you need a disclaimer saying this place is paid for by palm. It may not be, but it sure feels that way.

That being said, I've been complaining about my 700p for a bit now trying to go to a Q. I just had another reset while on a call with BT and a new call came in. Truly baffles me how call waiting can trigger a reset while on BT. Lost my call which was business related, and I lost my incoming call which was also business related. Phone restarted with frozen Palm screen so I had to take it out of it's case, take off the battery cover and reset again. Anyway...not being able to afford waiting for the MR, I'd take the 755p if it was released next week as a replacement as long as they don't extend my contract. Then I can upgrade to the linux palm or Q successor when my contract is up next year.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    maybe we need to start a site which has the other side of reviews. Afterall TC can post whatever they want. Not faulting them really. But there should be another voice. The voice of the every day user...
    Here goes some more reviews
    BrightHand 755P Review
    Laptop Mag Review
    InfoSync Review
    MoribleBurn Review
    ZDNet Review
    MobileTechReview
    and here MyTreo.nEt Review That one is a good one cuz it just sums up that its 700 in a 680 body...but I like it cuz I get to see the IM app too finally. Looks alright.
    I agree that the review was a little too nice, but if they bashed the device, do you think Palm would be willing to give them insight on other products? Maybe they will because this is the world's largest Treo community, but I'm thinking that there was some hesitance. They needed to review it as a replacement, not an upgrade. Yes, new customers will find this appealing (I find some aspects appealing too), and it is still on par with the best that Palm offers right now so it doesnt deserve a bashing. But it isnt the halo device we expected because it isnt!
    I love egss.
    Last edited by treoneo; 05/10/2007 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I agree that the review was a little too nice, but if they bashed the device, do you think Palm would be willing to give them insight on other products? Maybe they will because this is the world's largest Treo community, but I'm thinking that there was some hesitance. They needed to review it as a replacement, not an upgrade. Yes, new customers will find this appealing (I find some aspects appealing too), and it is still on par with the best that Palm offers right now so it doesnt deserve a bashing. But it isnt the halo device we expected because it isnt!
    What insite does TC get? Not once have I seen TC get exclusive information first. Its only due to the members of this board that there is good information here. It has nothing to do with the writers for TC. TC doesnt get "insite" or inside information at all.

Thats not to say that the editors/writers dont give great information on an idividual basis but as a whole TC doesnt get special consideration from Palm Inc. IMHO of course.

No offense meant at all just stating what I believe to be the facts.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    What insite does TC get? Not once have I seen TC get exclusive information first. Its only due to the members of this board that there is good information here. It has nothing to do with the writers for TC. TC doesnt get "insite" or inside information at all.

Thats not to say that the editors/writers dont give great information on an idividual basis but as a whole TC doesnt get special consideration from Palm Inc. IMHO of course.

No offense meant at all just stating what I believe to be the facts.
    Well, I doubt that your comment is entirely true, as TC was one of the 1st to post the news of the 755p announcement AND a review. TC also gets insight (take note of the correct spelling) on all types of Treo-related products (i.e. Slingbox, Saguro, and other betas) before other communities. I dont think they are attached at the hip with Palm, but they have clout that must be protected. And before you point out the near-simultaneous release of pre-production 755p's on Tuesday night, let me ask you to link a review that 'told it like it is' from one of those who did receive a 755p to review. But this isnt a hostile comment, just rebutting and confirming my point.
    "er, maybe you guys should find someone who has USED a 700p before to preview/review the 755p?"

I wish I did have a 700p so I could have experienced what all the 700p owners have gone through and therefore given a better review.

"Good review my foot. All these reviewers are sycophants. Is there any reviewer that calls it like it is or are they all afraid to rock the boat? If you want change in this world you have to stand up & demand it & speak the truth. Not pretend everything is rosey! I mean have you seen the reviews at treonauts. Every single review on the accessories are glowing. This is just unreal. Then people buy these products based on glowing reviews but then realize they don't work (especially anything bluetooth). People who sell these items should not be doing reviews. That's like me reviewing all the dishes at my own restaurant! Ohhhhh the inhumanity!!!!

I really did like the 755p. Compared to my 650 and 680, it was a great device. I only had it for one day and I did the best review I could for the small amount of time I had it to test it. I always wanted a 700p but I'm with Cingular and don't plan to change carriers at the moment. Even though I've read about the many problems that the 700p has, the device still sounds like a good one. I've talked to 700p owners who love their device and they don't plan to change to the 755p. So for me not having had a 700p, I was impressed with the 755p. I like how it looks and how it performs. Of course my pathetic data signal was just ridiculous. I wish I'd had time to drive to where I could have picked up a better signal and experienced the fast data speeds like so many Sprint customers do.
    Any given review is going to be from the reviewer's perspective. This particular review was from someone who never owned a 700P. We know this because it was disclosed by the reviewer.

Such a review may not have been what one group of users wanted most, but it may have been exactly what another group of users wanted.

If the TC review had been from the perspective of someone who owned a 700P, those of us who've never owned one might've been less pleased with it.

I'm not saying anyone should be happy if they're mad or upset if they're glad. Feel how you wanna feel, but a bit of perspective can be helpful.

Luckily, another user was kind enough to link to about half a dozen or so 755P reviews. With so many options, I'm sure there's something for most, if not all of us.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Any given review is going to be from the reviewer's perspective. This particular review was from someone who never owned a 700P. We know this because it was disclosed by the reviewer.

Such a review may not have been what one group of users wanted most, but it may have been exactly what another group of users wanted.

If the TC review had been from the perspective of someone who owned a 700P, those of us who've never owned one might've been less pleased with it.

I'm not saying anyone should be happy if they're mad or upset if they're glad. Feel how you wanna feel, but a bit of perspective can be helpful.

Luckily, another user was kind enough to link to about half a dozen or so 755P reviews. With so many options, I'm sure there's something for most, if not all of us.
    Well put!
    yep
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    did the review mention anything about sound and volume improvements?
    Good review my foot. All these reviewers are sycophants. Is there any reviewer that calls it like it is or are they all afraid to rock the boat? If you want change in this world you have to stand up & demand it & speak the truth. Not pretend everything is rosey! I mean have you seen the reviews at treonauts. Every single review on the accessories are glowing. This is just unreal. Then people buy these products based on glowing reviews but then realize they don't work (especially anything bluetooth). People who sell these items should not be doing reviews. That's like me reviewing all the dishes at my own restaurant! Ohhhhh the inhumanity!!!!
    Well said. You know it's a great review when they mention "Bejeweled" repeatedly. TC slurps again. The MTDN review was better: http://mytreo.net/archives/2007/05/t...5p-review.html
    maybe we need to start a site which has the other side of reviews. Afterall TC can post whatever they want. Not faulting them really. But there should be another voice. The voice of the every day user...
    The average every day user is not posting in forums and has probably never installed a third-party application. I personally know several of them and have to show them how to do simple things like take a picture or change an alarm setting (when they remember to use Calendar).
    wrong terminology - I mean the average everyday POWER user. I don't want some jen shmoe posting an interview who has never even used the thing (the video review on cnet is laughable). I want a guy who knows the phones, knows the industry & history of the company & does not sell the stuff herself. Any such reviewer exists? PS it is funny this thread has turned into a review of the review!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast