Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Lame, lame lame.... we beta tested the ROM of the Treo 755p for a year and now Palm is coming out with a "bug free" Treo 755p thanks to all of us Treo 700p users who paid premium for a buggy dumbphone. And what is worst is that even if we wanted to upgrade Palm has changed the SD card slot for a mini SD. Sucks, sucks sucks..... Palm you better give us an exact copy of the Treo 755p ROM or give us a good upgrade discount to all of us Treo 700p users.

Al
    I absolutely agree but it is a shame that Palm won't change anything. They don't care. People will buy this thing thus keeping them in business. Only way they would change is if there was pressure put on them via some big protest which received significant media coverage. Class action, boycott, etc. Unfortunately we are a passified nation & we do not even think about speaking up for what is right. If we do, we are accused of being dramatic, or unpatriotic. The days of activists are over...
    Well, at least we know where the resources for the 700p fix went...as suspected.
    I read the review on TC front page and my "you-know-what" went limp when I read paragraph about Bluetooh by the reviewer. I guess we still don't know if the BT is fixed...
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I can't believe I paid so much to be screwed by Palm as part of their "755p beta program" - I mean 700p. I agree with Al, we better see an exact copy of the 755p's ROM here!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I absolutely agree but it is a shame that Palm won't change anything. They don't care. People will buy this thing thus keeping them in business. Only way they would change is if there was pressure put on them via some big protest which received significant media coverage. Class action, boycott, etc. Unfortunately we are a passified nation & we do not even think about speaking up for what is right. If we do, we are accused of being dramatic, or unpatriotic. The days of activists are over...
    I don't think that people will continue to buy a crappy product though. Don't you remember before Palm bought Handspring and none of the Palm's had Wifi, but all the Windows Mobile devices did and Windows Mobile was kicking the crap out of Palm?

Then Palm bought Handspring and has focused mostly on the Treo. This kinda reminds me of that time. Palm is lagging behind the other devices on the market and doesn't care what it's users actually want. Except now, there is no Handspring to buy.
    You know ... we're all dopes

Yep - us - You and Me and all the early adopters of the Palm phones.

The 600 was like a beta for the 650. There were a number of threads that discussed that. We, guess what, we didn't learn from our mistakes.... here we are ssaing the 700p was a beta for the 750.

I gues you can look at this two ways. either:
    1- We're paying the price for being the first to buy the product
    -or-
    2- we're just suckers

Hey - I still love my Treo -so I'll take #2 please.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I wish Handspring would buy it back. Those guys were innovators. Or some rich multibillionaire should star a new company called Foot Coil or something
    I wish Handspring would buy it back. Those guys were innovators. Or some rich multibillionaire should star a new company called Foot Coil or something
    Foot Coil ? oh boy ....

da Gimp

Yes The Foot Coil Quadro. Email, Web, Phone & NO CRASHES!!!
    No Crashes?? now i know u've lost it
    da Gimp

Palm should change their name to "backhand" or "donkeypunch".

They slap you in the face with each "new" generation of fooleos, uh I mean....treos.
    Another namechange came to mind:

From "palm" to "punt"
    LOL backhand - that is funny s h ! t
    Why would any 700 user want a 755? It's only .1" thinner, and the battery life is worse, mini-SD won't support more than 4gb currently (I have an 8gb SDHC card), and I can make my 700 a 755 by dropping $20 on a flush antenna. Google maps? Psshhh...I've had it for months. IM? Causerie works fine for me...

I am drooling waiting for that MR though...my experience with my 700 has been good overall. Sure, there have been resets, but nothing I couldn't cure easily enough. I don't use bluetooth often at all, so I can't speak to that. I have purposely been waiting on a headset for the MR.
    Never going to happen. Handspring was dissolved. The CEO of what was Handspring is now the CEO of Palm.
    yeah I know. it was just a sick fantasy. maybe he can leave palm & start his own company again...
    This is the first new Treo release that I didn't anticipate, didn't get excited about, and after reading the specs I'm absolutely baffled at why anyone would upgrade from the 700p.

I can guess that most others feel the same way. The time has arrived for Palm to hear the real message by users by not purchasing/upgrading to the latest and greatest model.
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie View Post
    This is the first new Treo release that I didn't anticipate, didn't get excited about, and after reading the specs I'm absolutely baffled at why anyone would upgrade from the 700p.

I can guess that most others feel the same way. The time has arrived for Palm to hear the real message by users by not purchasing/upgrading to the latest and greatest model.
    I posted this thought in another thread and I'll say it again.....why does everyone think that this is an "upgrade"? It is a replacement that fits into their strategy they press-released some time ago. Didn't they say that they were making steps to streamline and standardize their product line to cut production costs and development time? Palm EOL'ed the 700 because it was the ******* in the group. After seeing the 755 and hearing that the subsidized cost is near 1/2 of what the 700 was, it all made sense: $280 and looks just like the 750 and 680.
    there is really an issue when you are drolling for the MR (i am too)
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    there is really an issue when you are drolling for the MR (i am too)
    Yup...just waiting form my bluetooth to work properly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast