Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wanted to share my first look and impressions of the Treo 755p.

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2007/05/tr...irst-look.html
    Jimmie Geddes
    Woot woot! Sign me up for midnight blue . This looks exactly what I needed for an upgrade from my age and beaten 650. I especially love the storage memory . Will be looking out more of your reviews in the day to come .
    Sadly their still putting Versamail in ROM & not Chatteremail
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    BTW, thanks for the review...looks good.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Thanks for the great review.
    Any chance of posting the IM app screenshots?
    I'm am thinking if this app can somehow be ripped out to work on the 700p?
    or will it be included in the update?
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Just wanted to share my first look and impressions of the Treo 755p.

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2007/05/tr...irst-look.html
    Thanks for the review! What's the SAR value for the device? (should be printed somehwere in the manual)

dakis
    Here's some pics I just found:
    http://www.engadget.com/photos/treo-755p-1/

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    First thing to slap on this baby is DBP, I can't believe Palm still releasing with that dull version >.< I can't wait to start filling up that huge memory
    this is crap. same camera, same memory, same phone app (even the 680 has a new phone app!!!), I mean who are we kidding here?? you guys are all excited about the same phone except no antennae?? I mean each year that Palm releases a "new" phone it gets less & less upgades. Oh jeezy this really burns my goat! we are dumbed down & will accept anything now! God help us alll...
    I'm excited for a DIFFERENT camera, DIFFERENT Memory, of course the Antenna less design, that new soft paint skin thing. Its perfect from a 650 user point of view. Bah the phone app is going to be replaced anyway if it did have the 680 phone app. DBP just looks so much better ^_^. That just made me remember, I won't get it the day it comes out, have to wait and see about the contest with GX5. Plus with the 700P I read about the pTunes nightmare of it skipping music and just very happy to see thats fixed in the 755P. That is one app I use the most, gotta listen to music and podcast
    You know, I wonder when are they gonna release a GSM 3G model of the 755p. I'll be happy to get one. The current 680 is just not worthy of an upgrade from my 650.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    this is crap. same camera, same memory, same phone app (even the 680 has a new phone app!!!), I mean who are we kidding here?? you guys are all excited about the same phone except no antennae?? I mean each year that Palm releases a "new" phone it gets less & less upgades. Oh jeezy this really burns my goat! we are dumbed down & will accept anything now! God help us alll...

At least the form factor is a little different. I was dumb enough to pay $600 dollars for a 32 meg ram update on my Treo (700w to 700WX). Even in 1996 When I went from 32 megs of ram to 64 megs of ram in my P133mhz PC, I only paid 200 dollars (though maybe in 2007 dollars its about the same).

At least these guys get a color choice & no anntenna.

I admit that I expected the 755 to be a 'little' better. The only thing that would make me want to go 700p to the 755 (if I had a 700p) would be if Palm decided not to release all the bug fixes that the 755 got.
    Great write up, Jimmie. I'm curious, do you know if the 650/700 batteries would fit in the 755p? I know they're too big for the 680 and 750, but considering how the 755p's battery is bigger so it has a deeper compartment, I'm wondering if they might fit.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Great write up, Jimmie. I'm curious, do you know if the 650/700 batteries would fit in the 755p? I know they're too big for the 680 and 750, but considering how the 755p's battery is bigger so it has a deeper compartment, I'm wondering if they might fit.
    Thanks

The 650/700 series battery doesn't fit into the Treo 755p, they're still too big. I know the 755p's battery doesn't fit into the 680 due to the battery door. I think it might fit into the Treo 750 though since they use the same case, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Hey Jimmie, where's the LED indicator at ? Would you happen to have a pic of that ?
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    ^^^ It's above the Palm logo. One of the other reviews said they didn't notice the LED until it lit up.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Thanks

The 650/700 series battery doesn't fit into the Treo 755p, they're still too big. I know the 755p's battery doesn't fit into the 680 due to the battery door. I think it might fit into the Treo 750 though since they use the same case, but I'm not 100% sure.
    OK, it's not that big of a deal since the battery is 1600 mah and not 1200. However maybe since the Palm battery is bigger anyway, Seidio can make an extended battery without having to make it bigger so it bulges out.
  17.    #17  
    I was thinking the same thing about Seidio and Boxwave making a higher capacity battery the same size as the 1600mah battery. I'm not into the humpback look with the extended battery and battery cover, just looks strange to me.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Jimmie thanks for the review, glad to see someone review it that actually has long term hands on experience with a 700P.

You said "Ive loaded the 755 with all the apps that are on my 700 and things are working great, actually everything is working better..."

Do you use SAG and if so, Im assuming that its on your 755 and its working?

Please advise about SAG and how much youve used it so far.

Thanks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Also,

Can you comment more on the voice app? I know its a trial but in both reviews I read, neither listed a price. Is there pricing for this app? Oh and does it work over BT? (ok NOW Im getting greedy, hahahaha)
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  20.    #20  
    All of the applications that are on my 700p work great on the 755p including Saguaro

I'll look into the Mobile Voice Control questions and post back.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast