Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78
  1. #21  
    just for fun Jimmie can you post what software that is? (that youve installed0

    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  2. #22  
    mobile voice control works on the treo 700p as well.... I remember trying out the trial a while back.

    http://www.mobilevoicecontrol.com/70...uirements.aspx
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
  3. #23  
    Can you talk more about the IM app? How does it handle IMs when you're not in the app?

    Is the LED bright when it does light up?

    Thanks!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  4. #24  
    this is what I mean. The reason why gas is getting up to $4 a gallon & no one says anything. We accept everything...
  5. rpiatt's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    this is crap. same camera, same memory, same phone app (even the 680 has a new phone app!!!), I mean who are we kidding here?? you guys are all excited about the same phone except no antennae?? I mean each year that Palm releases a "new" phone it gets less & less upgades. Oh jeezy this really burns my goat! we are dumbed down & will accept anything now! God help us alll...
    Easy there, Chicken Little... The sky isn't falling, yet.

    This is a sell-through action. Not at all meant as an upgrade for current users of the 700p. Don't be so naive as to think so.

    Organic subscriber growth. That is what this helps.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    this is crap. same camera, same memory, same phone app (even the 680 has a new phone app!!!), I mean who are we kidding here?? you guys are all excited about the same phone except no antennae?? I mean each year that Palm releases a "new" phone it gets less & less upgades. Oh jeezy this really burns my goat! we are dumbed down & will accept anything now! God help us alll...
    ...and save us from overreactions.

    It's all relative. If you're a new customer or are coming off a 650, you'll probably see this differently than if you're sittin' on a 700p.

    If that doesn't make sense to you, feel free to keep chuckin' exclamation and question marks. For what it's worth, I expected and hoped for more, as well.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  7. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Sadly their still putting Versamail in ROM & not Chatteremail
    As a long time user of both Chatter and VersaMail, I believe Palm's decision to keep VersaMail is justified because Chatter does not support EAS. So it would actually be a step-down if Chatter (without any enhancement) replaces VersaMail. Personally I have switched back to VersaMail on my 700p after they released the EAS patch. Since then I no longer needed to sync with my computer as all the calendar events and contacts are also sync'd real-time along with my Exchange emails.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  8.    #28  
    I'm also back to Versamail. I used it religiously on my 650, and used it on my 700p until a few months ago(I started having issues with it, or it could've been my 700p).

    You really can't expect Palm to replace Versamail with Chatter, especially on a Garnet device that has been in development for a while. I think when the Linux version of Palm OS comes out we'll start to see the fruits of Palm buying Chatter. Palm will find a nice way to re-package chatter into a Versamail looking client.
    Jimmie Geddes
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Thanks

    The 650/700 series battery doesn't fit into the Treo 755p, they're still too big. I know the 755p's battery doesn't fit into the 680 due to the battery door. I think it might fit into the Treo 750 though since they use the same case, but I'm not 100% sure.
    I had both a 680 and 750 and the batteries were interchangeable. I was wondering why the 755p battery would be bigger in physical size if the phone is actually lighter.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  10. #30  
    rpiatt you are correct - it just hit me. It went from Treo 180-300-600 THOSE were TRUE upgrades. But look at the 600, 650, 700, 680, 700W, 700WX, 750, 755 - it is clear now that these are INCREMENTAL upgrades. There should be no major changes until it jumps to 900. So it's not Palm's fault per se. They just testing the waters. If people didn't buy these incremental upgrades, they would be forced to get the bigger change out the door faster. What a way to mazimize profits. Imagine if they went from 650 to 900. All that money they wouldn't make from the in between models. Makes perfect sense to me now. I still don't like Palm though. But come on within all these increments they couldn't add a flash to camera, add a wifi driver, or decent ringtones?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I had both a 680 and 750 and the batteries were interchangeable. I was wondering why the 755p battery would be bigger in physical size if the phone is actually lighter.

    The batteries are interchangeable, it comes down to the battery door. My Seidio 2400 extended battery "fits" into the 680, 700p, 755p, 700wx, but only really "fits" into the 700 series with the battery door. The 680 has a different battery door than the 750 and 755. I think the 755p's battery might fit inside the 750 fine, since they use the same battery door design. I don't have one anymore so I can't tell you for sure.

    You can see how the door is a little different with one of the pictures from TreoCentral's review:

    http://treocentral.com/images/admin_...1178680176.gif
    Jimmie Geddes
  12. ehosey2's Avatar
    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Jimmie thanks for the review, glad to see someone review it that actually has long term hands on experience with a 700P.

    You said "Ive loaded the 755 with all the apps that are on my 700 and things are working great, actually everything is working better..."

    Do you use SAG and if so, Im assuming that its on your 755 and its working?

    Please advise about SAG and how much youve used it so far.

    Thanks!

    When Jimmie said everything is working great on the 755p, even Saguaro, I think that when Hdhntr23 asked about SAG....he was asking about Softick Audio Gateway, not Saguaro. I am curious about the performance of Softick Audio Gateway on the 755p too, including pTunes streaming via SAG, and whether switching applications during music playback causes any skips or pauses like with our 700p's.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
  13.    #33  
    My bad,lol. Thought it was Saguaro. I don't have BT headphones to try out SAG. I can tell you that audio does not skip at all, I have a 700p so Im all to familiar with the skipping issue.
    Jimmie Geddes
  14. #34  
    Thanks for the review, Jimmie. Am curious about the "Database Access Bug" that seems to exist on the 700P. Many apps stored on my 4GB card take a LONG time to open on my 700P compared c my previous 600 and 650s. Does this also seem to be fixed on the 755P? Would also love to hear more about Bluetooth sound quality, connecting, etc. Hope we get all these fixes c the 700p maint. release! Unfortunately (?) the new family medicine residency I am taking over "gives" all the residents HP PocketPC's so probably gonna have to jump to a 750 in a few weeks to finally learn WinMob to be able to help them out c all the medical apps I want them to use....grrrr....has been a frustrating year c the 700p that's for sure! Just when they finally get around to fixing it...I gotta buy a whole new device and learn a whole new OS. Keep us posted over the coming days! Am still a little skeptical as all the initial reviews of the 700p were glowing as well.
    D
  15. ambtreo's Avatar
    Posts
    476 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I'm also back to Versamail. I used it religiously on my 650, and used it on my 700p until a few months ago(I started having issues with it, or it could've been my 700p).

    You really can't expect Palm to replace Versamail with Chatter, especially on a Garnet device that has been in development for a while. I think when the Linux version of Palm OS comes out we'll start to see the fruits of Palm buying Chatter. Palm will find a nice way to re-package chatter into a Versamail looking client.
    Jimmie -

    Have you loaded the latest beta of Chatter onto the 755p? I would expect Chatter to work with no problems.

    thx
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    When Jimmie said everything is working great on the 755p, even Saguaro, I think that when Hdhntr23 asked about SAG....he was asking about Softick Audio Gateway, not Saguaro. I am curious about the performance of Softick Audio Gateway on the 755p too, including pTunes streaming via SAG, and whether switching applications during music playback causes any skips or pauses like with our 700p's.
    Yep thanks for clearing that up for me!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  17. #37  
    How well does bt work?
    diane
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    How well does bt work?
    I would imagine that the BT would be similiar as the 700p, with mods to improve the pairing.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I would imagine that the BT would be similiar as the 700p, with mods to improve the pairing.
    I see. Yeah I just read in the review that the bluetooth works like it should.
    diane
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    I see. Yeah I just read in the review that the bluetooth works like it should.
    They need to release this damned MR!!!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions