Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i am not sure who palm wants to sell this gadget to. i dont think that there's any use in starting a poll to check whether there might be any vague interest.
    it would interest me whether anybody actuall plans to buy this thing, and for what reason?
    nope.
    I for one am, the Memory for me is simply amazing, the new skin looks cool and alot of apps I use is preloaded in the ROM so that saves me some more memory. Also because my 650 is banged up pretty bad so I need a new phone
    I see the 755P as basically a 700P with some of the fixes coming in the 700P patch bundle and 680. Having already gone from the 650 to the 680 -- which brought several real improvements -- I can't see why the 755 is relevant... except for possibly a desire to replace my SD cards with miniSD or to get EVDO, or maybe the 1.3MP camera. None of these interest me, nor do I think they're worth $280.

All I can say is that I hope Palm is serious about their Linux efforts for the next device that should be coming down the pipe. I'd also suggest dropping the 700P from the price list.... having the 755 and 700 seems very duplicative at this point.
    I'm getting it, most likely. I have a 650 and the 700p is no longer on the SERO site. Unless the 6800 comes out really soon, I'll get the 755p.
    I'll almost certainly be getting it. I'm hoping it'll come out on Verizon, if not I'll consider switching to Sprint.

I guess I can see why a 700p user wouldn't jump, just not that different. But the smaller form factor is enough to get me to go from my Tx + cellphone to a Treo. The older POS Treos are just too big and awkward for me.
    I will be upgrading. I'm not all that impressed with the 680 phone app for one. Plus I get insurance from Sprint,faster data speeds, 1.3mp camera. Not thrilled about the the lame minisd. but oh well.
    Bye Bye Tmobile.
    Maybe. I have a 650 now and I'm going to wait to see what Hawkins spits out later this month. If I'm not impressed then I might jump on the 755p.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    755p is comming out to let Sprint Look like it has A 750like phone to compete with Cingular. It was probably going to be named 680x but sprint needed something that sounded better than 750. So 755p sounds better more upscale than 750. They do not even have Vista ready sofware. When I went to the sprint store yesterday I was told the 755p would be Fully Vista ready and that that was the reason for the new model. The palm website confirms that they don't even have a beta yet.
    It looks like someone at Sprint was pushing buttons at Palm.

We, the costumers, Are not the priority at Palm. The big companies like sprint and Att are.
    $280 on a contract is a great price, I think that alone will help some people make the move. Better than the $499 and $399 price tags previous "high end" treos have sold for.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosjcar View Post
    755p is comming out to let Sprint Look like it has A 750like phone to compete with Cingular. It was probably going to be named 680x but sprint needed something that sounded better than 750. So 755p sounds better more upscale than 750. They do not even have Vista ready sofware. When I went to the sprint store yesterday I was told the 755p would be Fully Vista ready and that that was the reason for the new model. The palm website confirms that they don't even have a beta yet.
    It looks like someone at Sprint was pushing buttons at Palm.

We, the costumers, Are not the priority at Palm. The big companies like sprint and Att are.
    Sorry, but consumers are really indirect customers. Palm's biggest customers are the wireless carriers.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    a built in instant messenger client...1.3 mp camera....no antenna.....i'm definitely in....
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    700p will do me just fine. I'm getting my free upgrade tomorrow!
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Not impressed and waiting to see what Hawkins will present at the D Conference. I need to upgrade my Treo 650 (vibrating is getting weaker). I think a used 700P might be a better option if the ROM patch works. I have 2 batteries for the 650 and standard SD cards. Rev A might have been the clincher but I still think the 650 is the Treo standard.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I wont be upgrading, at least not right away. My 700p is only 6 months old (or would have been had the first one not died). The only thing I really want off the 755p is the IM app and lack of lag. I'll trade a slightly bigger form factor for slightly more battery. The 700 needs more battery than it comes with I couldn't imagine doing with less.

T minus 3 weeks until the glowing review is overshadowed by whatever bugs we discover.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I will very likely upgrade my 2.5 year old 650. Ready for an upgrade. I will enjoy the chat, more memory, and no antenna! I think I will like the cool new maroon color, as well.

What are the rumors of what will come out of the D Conference? And will whatever it is likely be compatible with Sprint?
    IM client , for me, makes it extremely tempting. However, what will keep me away:
    1- lack of real hardware improvemnts (GPS? WiFi? Process improvements? Storage?)
    2-The bugs I still have w/ my 700P

Why buy a new phone, when the last one I bought from the same company still doesn't work right ???? Why 'waste' more money?

I was waitng for this annoucment to make a decision - time to start searching these boards and reading the Win Mmobile review ... if I'm going to buy a new phone (w/ all the same specs), then it's time to try a new OS, a leave the P OS bugs behind.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    The rumors about the new device at D Conference are it will use Sprints Wimax and no one knows the form factor. Will probably run the new Palm Linux and look for it at the end of the year.

Again all of this is rumor except for Jeff Hawkins discussing it a the D Conference.
    I'm probably going to get it depending on what customer retention is willing to do on price. I will trickle down my 700p to my son who is on my plan. Speaking of customer retention, I have not been able to get through to them to discuss options. Anybody else having that difficulty?
    Legalbeagle
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast