Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I had a weird situation happen on my 650. I was gone for a week and came back to my Palm Desktop. I opened my Palm app on desktop and it showed all my contact data etc from three years ago. I almost lost my cookies but my PDA had all my data. Not sure if someone touched my PC or what happened.

I went into utilities and said have phone overide PC so all my data from phone was loaded back into my PC Palm app so all was restored. I see you wrote in the 600-650 blog the following--not sure what PIM data is:

4. Before you proceed, right click the Hotsync Manager icon in the program tray, choose Custom and check the action of your PIM conduits (Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Contacts); if any are set to "Handheld overwrites desktop", change them to either Synchronize or DT overwrites HH - otherwise, you will delete all the PIM data on the desktop.

Should I change back these setting to Synchronize or DT overites handheld. I assume if I don't change back from handheld overwrites desktop--- changes on my PC Palm database won't make it on my phone. I just don't want to lose my data.

Perry thanks so much for any advice--you really make this site sing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydann View Post
    I had a weird situation happen on my 650. I was gone for a week and came back to my Palm Desktop. I opened my Palm app on desktop and it showed all my contact data etc from three years ago. I almost lost my cookies but my PDA had all my data. Not sure if someone touched my PC or what happened.

I went into utilities and said have phone overide PC so all my data from phone was loaded back into my PC Palm app so all was restored. I see you wrote in the 600-650 blog the following--not sure what PIM data is:

4. Before you proceed, right click the Hotsync Manager icon in the program tray, choose Custom and check the action of your PIM conduits (Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Contacts); if any are set to "Handheld overwrites desktop", change them to either Synchronize or DT overwrites HH - otherwise, you will delete all the PIM data on the desktop.

Should I change back these setting to Synchronize or DT overites handheld. I assume if I don't change back from handheld overwrites desktop--- changes on my PC Palm database won't make it on my phone. I just don't want to lose my data.

Perry thanks so much for any advice--you really make this site sing.

Hi Larry,

Not sure why your contacts were wiped off your PC desktop. (PC backups are always a good thing.) Once you loaded them back as you described -- you could reset back to sychronize. (The best setting, in my opinion. . . of course that all depends on how you operate . . . or if you are "restoring" one end or the other as you just had to.)

PIM data = Personal Information Management = the 4 base Palm OS applications = Contacts, Calendar, Tasks & Memos

Cheers, Perry.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234