Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    The thing is, do we really know what the iPhone is? How much of OSX will it be compatible with? Will it be a closed system for software (apparently yes)? Will it be a closed system for hardware (apparently yes)? Can I get an unlocked version (apparently not)? Will the PIM functions suck? Will the phone app suck because your cheek keeps touching the screen and hanging up the call?

Who knows?

Wake me up when you get one.

I`ll be back.... and I will have detailed files....
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    A proximity sensor near the ear speaker senses when it's being held against a face and disables the touch screen.
    What I want is a proximity sensor to tell me when a stable version of this thing (unlocked, with non-Apple supervised software and hardware expandability) is in a store near me.
    why does evey thread turn to the iphone ......

lot's of good point about Wifi (another thread favorite). to add to it: I'm not a power users, live in a big city (wifi readily available), and would use it now and then. I still feel it should be included, given the price we are paying and Treo status of as the best smart phone.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    The thing is, do we really know what the iPhone is? How much of OSX will it be compatible with? Will it be a closed system for software (apparently yes)? Will it be a closed system for hardware (apparently yes)? Can I get an unlocked version (apparently not)? Will the PIM functions suck? Will the phone app suck because your cheek keeps touching the screen and hanging up the call?

Who knows?

Wake me up when you get one.
    As of May 30 it appears Apples system will not be closed. As for getting an unlocked version that all depends on if it uses a SIM card or not, if it does I'M sure “eventually” people will be able to unlock them. As for the PIM functions sucking, we will all know when it gets reviewed & as for the phone app; “No” The phone detects when you’re close to it.”

Thought Id just give you a nudge
    Last edited by Bronxboy; 06/05/2007 at 10:10 AM.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345