Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84
  1. #61  
    you love listening to ipod fanboys, crogs. there is no escape. you WILL turn.....
  2. #62  
    Drama indeed, B-model.
  3. #63  
    couldn't pay me enough to buy an apple consumer product. computers would be a different story. I'm quite happy with my Sansa and gigabeat s60 until someone makes a good Karma-like replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    you love listening to ipod fanboys, crogs. there is no escape. you WILL turn.....
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    amen. tired of listening to ipod fanboys. I'd take a Samsung f700 over it any day.

    and as for WIFI, I'd rather use a faster wifi connection when I can especially in places where my signal quality is so-so or nonexistent. I spend time in hospitals where I don't get a great signal, but they have public wifi. I spend time at Panera where wifi is free as well as more and more coffeehouse type places, and I spend time in hotels that have free wifi as well. If I am at home and not on my laptop, I'd also rather connect via wifi to check email and such.
    You are unfortunately among the few (of Treo users) that has frequent and readily available access to public/open wifi all the time. Let's face it, open wifi hotspots are not ubiquitous to be considered as "necessary" hardware...but for those few occasions and small customer cross-section, it would be a nice feature to include...at least to keep up with the Jones'.
  5. #65  
    absolutely right, milenko.
  6. #66  
    The part I might disagree with is where only a "small cross-section" would be attracted by the wifi feature.

    Look how many treo users have pined for wifi in their next phone. Looking at some of the polls taken here, it would appear that gps rates as the most desired capability, but wifi is a VERY close second. A significant number of members also seem to prefer a larger screen with no keyboard on a new pdaphone.

    The iphone has it. The treos dont.

    We will see how things shake out in the months to come.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    The part I might disagree with is where only a "small cross-section" would be attracted by the wifi feature.

    Look how many treo users have pined for wifi in their next phone. Looking at some of the polls taken here, it would appear that gps rates as the most desired capability, but wifi is a VERY close second. A significant number of members also seem to prefer a larger screen with no keyboard on a new pdaphone.

    The iphone has it. The treos dont.

    We will see how things shake out in the months to come.
    The power users here at Treocentral and other similar sites are just a snipit of the total amount of users. Obviously our wish-list of features has gone unheard. True, we are a loud voice that has the power to get bugs fixed and get maintenance releases, but wholesale hardware changes will only come by way of keeping up with the competition. The 755 is the absolute last iteration of this platform that can survive without this added functionality. Palm was smart to divulge a Linux-based OS for their next device platform. This signals a wholesale change for the future Treo and to it's investors (and the competition). Hopefully Garnet OS is dead in their top tier device. It may live for a bit in the 680 or variations there of but I doubt it.
    If the Linux OS is for real on the Treo, then all devices in the Treo line will move in that direction. After all, we've been told of "standardization" for the future of development at Palm for speed to market and efficacy and reduced cost to the consumer....just hope that this doesn't mean cheaply made devices.
  8. #68  
    The linux line will be an interesting development to watch. We can only hope palm leaves behind their penchant for minor tweaks with every new gen as they usher the garnet out the door. palm is notorious for stopping short of market expectations though.

    I hope this doesn't continue on with their linux devices.

    Whether or not they deliver ALL the features we are looking for in the next true bona fide upgrade device remains to be seen.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    ...the IPHONE cometh......

    iDontCare
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    iDontCare
    iLOL
  11. #71  
    yes you do.... come on now and admit it.

    palm's been feeding you their i-fooleos for so long now you're brainwashed.. You want the iphone.... you need the iphone
  12. #72  
    If the I phone has Wi-fi, a decent battery life, works like a portable card reader, lets me use GPS & has something like docks to go; then Apple can count me in.
  13. #73  
    I hear ya. I'd say those are worthy challenges to put it up against. We will see how it stacks up.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    amen. tired of listening to ipod fanboys. I'd take a Samsung f700 over it any day.

    and as for WIFI, I'd rather use a faster wifi connection when I can especially in places where my signal quality is so-so or nonexistent. I spend time in hospitals where I don't get a great signal, but they have public wifi. I spend time at Panera where wifi is free as well as more and more coffeehouse type places, and I spend time in hotels that have free wifi as well. If I am at home and not on my laptop, I'd also rather connect via wifi to check email and such.
    The people who whine about wifi being rare either dont know where to find it or live in areas where Dish is their only tv option! Wifi is almost everywhere, and free wifi is NOT hard to find in an urban area, where MOST of Treo power-users reside and do business. There are no shortage of hotels, restaurants (even Burger Kings & Taco Bells offer wifi), public spots, and private unlocked networks to connect to! Wifi is like a taxi, if your city is big enough, you shouldnt have a problem getting one!
  15. #75  
    I have wifi at my house. It IS everywhere. That's exactly why treos should have been equipped with it.
  16. #76  
    I'm on Sprint and currently out of USA. I brought my treo because it has a lot of uses besides being a phone. I have reverse dun setup through my laptop and the hotels wireless connection. Wi-fi would be a great feature to have right now. I can use Chatter, Express, and my favorite streaming radio stations on Pocket Tunes. All these apps need some work to use this way except Pocket Tunes. I live on the coast and Sprint service is thin. I could sure use wi-fi often and think that it should be a standard feature. Doesn't the Q have wi-fi? Can't be Sprint that won't allow it.
  17. #77  
    Just curious...is WiMAX backward compatable w/ WiFi???
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Just curious...is WiMAX backward compatable w/ WiFi???
    No.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    yes you do.... come on now and admit it.

    palm's been feeding you their i-fooleos for so long now you're brainwashed.. You want the iphone.... you need the iphone
    The thing is, do we really know what the iPhone is? How much of OSX will it be compatible with? Will it be a closed system for software (apparently yes)? Will it be a closed system for hardware (apparently yes)? Can I get an unlocked version (apparently not)? Will the PIM functions suck? Will the phone app suck because your cheek keeps touching the screen and hanging up the call?

    Who knows?

    Wake me up when you get one.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    The thing is, do we really know what the iPhone is? How much of OSX will it be compatible with? Will it be a closed system for software (apparently yes)? Will it be a closed system for hardware (apparently yes)? Can I get an unlocked version (apparently not)? Will the PIM functions suck? Will the phone app suck because your cheek keeps touching the screen and hanging up the call?

    Who knows?

    Wake me up when you get one.
    A proximity sensor near the ear speaker senses when it's being held against a face and disables the touch screen.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions