That's like saying, " Here, let's upgrade you from your old acura TL to...... your old acura TL!!!

we'll cut off the antenna for ya and then shave your bumpers down a bit.. give it back to ya as an "upgrade".

Where's chris farley when ya need him?

" Can we STOP THIS CRUEL GAME!!"

The 755p is gibberish for..... the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    That's like saying, " Here, let's upgrade you from your old acura TL to...... your old acura TL!!!

we'll cut off the antenna for ya and then shave your bumpers down a bit.. give it back to ya as an "upgrade".

Where's chris farley when ya need him?

" Can we STOP THIS CRUEL GAME!!"

Not an upgrade, a replacement. Just like a mid-cycle refresh for car models. All-new models are considered upgrades. I think youll find that this isnt going to make our 700p obsolete, as it runs the same OS with a few more apps built-in. Chances are that the MR will include these changes. Thats my light at the end of the tunnel!
    I hear ya. time will tell I guess.
    So the only difference is its .06 inch thiner and does not have an antenna....

Also on the comparison it lists the 700p as having OS 5.4 and the 755p of having 5.4.9.. I will check my 700 later but i swear its 5.4.9 also...
    ...makes ya want to pounce on it, doesn't it?
    My question for Palm is if the mini SD card is going to be the new standard for future Treos. If that is the case then I might think about upgrading from a Treo 700p. Another question is if the Treo 700p ROM update will have all the fixes the 755p is gonna have. I don't see a reason why we can't get the same exact ROM.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Everyone bashes Treo for the little upgrades it's puting on the 755p. Still, I see more Treos than any other true internet capable smartphones, be them POS or WOS. Yes they are still Treos. I have a 650 for two years now and I would like to be able to replace it with a newer style but I, like most Treo users, wanting to use it for the same things that I have the 650 for, just like why I traded my '97 car for a '03 even though it ran just as good, and had the same options as the '97. Some of us just want new and am will to pay a reasonable upgrade price for the EVDO speed and a better camera. I also see myself going from Verizon at $110 per month to SERO for $49 per month. Heck, I see my Treo paying for itself in much less than a year, so I'm getting it free. At least see the unit before you bash it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Bah damn you Palm, making people change card formats and waste money on a new treo.. I do like the IM app though...
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    The IM app works only on Sprint? damit! I just purchased a Treo 680 for my T-Mobile service!!

I love the Google Maps in the ROM, and how it apparently integrates with Contacts... why must you punish me Palm for spending $399 on a brand new unlocked Treo 680 from you guys!!?

All I have to say... there better be a 680 ROM update on the way that adds these functions, or I will be very dissapointed in Palm, and this is my 7th Palm. tisk tisk
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    One nice benefit for this might be for us 700p owners, since its all the same hardware, they can focus fixes and improvements that should work for both platforms. Gives us a better chance of getting fixes if their two latest releases show the same problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    My question for Palm is if the mini SD card is going to be the new standard for future Treos.
    Since everyone wants smaller, I bet mini SD becomes the default for all new devices needing SD cards, not only Treos.
    I find it funny that the link to the "official" home page of the 755 listed in the blog is broken.

ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.