Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. 240zron's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
       #1  
    I was playing around in Windows Vista and I see that you are able to hot sync palm devices with the new Vista calender.

    It looks like it will sync all your contacts, appointments, Tasks, Ect... Has anyone tried this program yet? It says you make the program your primary app for syncing. I like the palm desk top, So Not sure if I want to use it.

    Just wondering if any one has tried it yet.
  2. ggward's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yes it works awesome. We just can't sync new apps using quick install. Outlook is all I use for PIM
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    ......
  3. 240zron's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
       #3  
    Have you tried the Paln Vista simple installer yet? It works great.
  4. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #4  
    how do you change it to that and back?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
  5. vebix's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    #5  
    This is news to me. How do you set this up to work?
  6. ggward's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 240zron View Post
    Have you tried the Paln Vista simple installer yet? It works great.
    Yep, and I gotta say it sure is nice to be able to sync apps with it. Now if D2G jsut worked, I would be very happy.

    mportune,

    I set my conduits to sync to outlook using the disk that came with my Treo and switch conduits to use outlook. It took some configuring that I found on palm's forum.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    ......
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 240zron View Post
    I was playing around in Windows Vista and I see that you are able to hot sync palm devices with the new Vista calender.

    It looks like it will sync all your contacts, appointments, Tasks, Ect... Has anyone tried this program yet? It says you make the program your primary app for syncing. I like the palm desk top, So Not sure if I want to use it.

    Just wondering if any one has tried it yet.
    240zron,

    I am trying to find what you are talking about but cannot seem to figure it out. I'd love to be able to sync my Treo 700p to the built-in Windows Calendar (Datebook and To Do List) and Windows Contacts (Address Book). I don't have Outlook installed to start with on my newly installed Vista Business setup. Can you explain how you got Palm to sync to those built-in Vista apps? Do you have to have Outlook installed for this to work? Where did you find the primary sync app selection? Any insights greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Beblawi
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by beblawi View Post
    240zron,

    I am trying to find what you are talking about but cannot seem to figure it out. I'd love to be able to sync my Treo 700p to the built-in Windows Calendar (Datebook and To Do List) and Windows Contacts (Address Book). I don't have Outlook installed to start with on my newly installed Vista Business setup. Can you explain how you got Palm to sync to those built-in Vista apps? Do you have to have Outlook installed for this to work? Where did you find the primary sync app selection? Any insights greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    I have the same questions.
    I tried syncing via bluetooth and it didn't work.....
    I will try with the cable, but I think it will still default to palm desktop.
    Also is this a google online calendar made available by Microsoft or is it local on your machine?
  9. 240zron's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
       #9  
    Hi,
    Sorry for the confusion. I meant that the palm Vista installer will enable you to install new apps to your treo using the Vista system.
    I have been trying to figure out how to use the new Vista mail.(it doesn't have outlook) But it wont let me even set it up to my treo 650. Any one Else had any luck setting up a 650 and using the Vista sync?
    Sorry for the confusion.
  10. ggward's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #10  
    Ah, I thought you were referring to Outlook 2007. If it is a business laptop, I would think you would use outlook, not the vista mail, JMO though.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    ......
  11. #11  
    I've read posts twice and still don't understand what you guys are saying. Is Palm distributing a new program that will allow some HotSync functions beyond PIM for Vista? Or is this something built into Vista - if so which
    version(s) (I've got Home Premium and I can't find a thing)?
    Nokia 6340+(M100-> M130)->Treo600->Treo680
  12. 240zron's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
       #12  
    I have Vista home premium. It has its own sync program. You can set your device up to sync with Vista mail, address book, To do list, ect...

    If you go to the control panel and open Sync center, You will find it there. (But I can't get it to recognize the treo)

    The Palm Vista simple installer allows you to install new software on your treo using Vista. (going thru hot sync) Which you can not do other wise with the palm desktop hot sync. unless you load the program on your SD card and then install it in the treo.

    The program works great, And is inexpensive
  13. #13  
    [QUOTE=240zron;1256898]I have Vista home premium. It has its own sync program. You can set your device up to sync with Vista mail, address book, To do list, ect...

    If you go to the control panel and open Sync center, You will find it there. (But I can't get it to recognize the treo)

    Same problem with me I have home premium and a 650....but then again, my bluetooth dongle isn't vista compatible even though it installs.

Posting Permissions