1.    #1  
    Work is wanting me to get a PDA so I have access to my email wherever I am. We are on an Exchange server so I had originally been looking into the WM powered 6800 since I am on Sprint. Now it seems that phone is going to be delayed for months. I just recently started looking into the new Treo 755p since I know that is going to be released this weekend.

My concern is how well it will work with our Exchange server. My biggest concern is being able to access all of my mail folders on the exchange server and not just the inbox. I couldn't figure out how to do this in VersaMail though. I know it can be done on WM devices as I have set it up on my coworkers 8525. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this on Palm OS powered phones? Would I need to use another email application or am I pretty much just stuck with using a WM powered device?
    Can't be done in VersaMail; it's inbox only.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    Can't be done in VersaMail; it's inbox only.

Marc
    What about with Chatter? I am using it with the exchange plug in and I'm able to file things away from my Treo, but I can't access the folders to go back to those messages after I've filed them (on my Treo).

Thanks
    Well, yes you can, actually, but you have to create mailboxes for them. The EX plugin isn't supported anymore for new users, but it might be worth trying.

Marc
    is there anything written anywhere to explain what you just replied to me? If I have 10 folders in my exchange email account I have to set up 10 email accounts??
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    is there anything written anywhere to explain what you just replied to me? If I have 10 folders in my exchange email account I have to set up 10 email accounts??
    chatter calls accounts "accounts" but for whatever reason they call folders "mailboxes"

So point is you just have to tell it about each folder.

I had a 650 for years and a 600 before that. I just recently got a 700p to try playing with exchange without IMAP. The version of exchange active sync and versamail on the 700p is PATHETIC. I actually went to paying an extra 25 bucks a month a user to our hosting provider to use Goodlink. It's not perfect - but it's very cool the way you can get all your folders and you personal contacts and public folder contacts. Chatter works well for email and all the folders but wont help you with contacts at all.

If you have problems with setting up chattermail with the exchange plugin- maybe IMAP would work- I can do IMAP through our hosted exchange provider.