Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Have a powerpoint presentation in front of me, sent to sprint stores today. (nope, not an employee, a corporate customer)

Here are the facts as laid out in the brochure. BTW, its coming on 5/14 for sure.

memory 128, 60 mb user
    EVDO rev 0
    1.3 Megapixel camera with zoom

Versamail 3.5.4 now includes Exchange Active Sync push email for Palm OS as well as data wipe

Blazer v4.5

Documents To Go v8 including PDF support
    PictureMail

built in IM, supporting yahoo, MSN messenger, and AIM

mobile voice control: Download from Vending Machine

4 gig mini SD capability

etc etc. No SD card it looks like

Edit: adding bluetooth info
    GOEP Generic Object Exchange Profile - v1.1
    SDAP/SDP Service Discovery Application Profile – v1.2
    DUN Dial-up Networking (Data Devices) - v1.1
    OPP Object Push Profile– v1.1
    vCard 2.1 – Yes
    HFP Hands Free Profile – v1.0
    HSP Headset Profile – v1.1
    vCal 1.0 –
    Business Card (push/pull/exchange) – Push Only
    SPP Serial Port Profile - YES
    OBEX Object Exchange (required for OPP, GOEP, FTP, PBAP) –v1.1
    Last edited by rkevwill; 05/08/2007 at 03:03 PM. Reason: additional info
    Sounds like a very small step up from the 700p
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, well, maybe it works better, we can hope. I still have a 600, so this is a pretty big upgrade for me. I think if I had a relatively new 700p, I would hope they do a fix, and not get a penalty for early termination.

Can you imagine, how bad this is going to be, if the 755p has the same problems as the 700p? I know that would sure sour me on buying another palm device.
    if somehow someone gets the new IM app from the 755, i probably wont upgrade until prices fall..
  5.    #5  
    Price seems to be $279, with instant rebates, and plan. More of course without. I've been without a plan for a year or two on my 600, so its a no brainer to me. Only decision I had to make was this or the new Blackberry curve. I've decided to stick to PalmOS.....for now.
    Wow, no Rev A EVDO, no upgrade to the bluetoof handsfree, and going down to a MiniSD instead of SD. What a loser of a new device.
    I want IM to be back ported to 700p please.
  8.    #8  
    There are other choices for IM applications ya know. Some quite good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post
    mobile voice control: Download from Vending Machine
    What does that mean? I assume that means only a demo version of mobile voice control software is bundled? Any word on if there a solution for voice command via BT headset? Prolly not is my guess...

Anyway, it sounds like the upgrade is basically the new form factor, 128 MB NVFS ram, minisd (if you call that an upgrade), IM app, and updated software bundle. In addition the A2DP profile for stereo headphones is still missing from the BT STACK!! WTF Palm...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Anyway, it sounds like the upgrade is basically the new form factor, 128 MB NVFS ram,
    I would assume it has exactly the same amount of NVFS as the 700p.

Surur
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    What does that mean? I assume that means only a demo version of mobile voice control software is bundled? Any word on if there a solution for voice command via BT headset? Prolly not is my guess...

Anyway, it sounds like the upgrade is basically the new form factor, 128 MB NVFS ram, minisd (if you call that an upgrade), IM app, and updated software bundle. In addition the A2DP profile for stereo headphones is still missing from the BT STACK!! WTF Palm...
    Here is the only other info on that "feature" in the brochure.

MVC Mobile Voice Control
    Email, Text, Contacts
    Will work with Good Mobile Messaging July 07 5.0 Good SW
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

Surur
    yeah your right... ugh...ok even less of an upgrade...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

Surur

Ow it is...

This phone has the same specs that the 700p has... I bet the 700p with MR will end up being a better phone since it has a larger battery and SD memory card slot.
    I thought the 755p was supposed to have EVDO Rev A, not Rev 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    I thought the 755p was supposed to have EVDO Rev A, not Rev 0.
    Well all knew that Palm OS can not handle Rev A. It really doesnt matter unless you use your phone to tether to your computer. You wont see an increase in speed while web browsing on the treo.
    But does it include the new phone app from the 680? I heard no....basically the same as the 700p w/IM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Well all knew that Palm OS can not handle Rev A. It really doesnt matter unless you use your phone to tether to your computer. You wont see an increase in speed while web browsing on the treo.
    I was planning to tether, oh well. What are the real world performance increases expected with Rev A over Rev 0?
    Actually it appears simultaneous voice and data is not really a prerequisite for Rev A, so no reason why PalmOS cant do it.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I want IM to be back ported to 700p please.
    It works on the 650, however the backend isn't "live" yet so only time will tell if it will connect. But it does start up and attempt to connect. btw, it doesn't connect to each service directly, but through oz comm.

ps. all the above specs looks correct.
  20.    #20  
    Ow it is...

This phone has the same specs that the 700p has... I bet the 700p with MR will end up being a better phone since it has a larger battery and SD memory card slot.
    Don't forget, this thing *IS* a bit smaller, like the 680. Who knows, is it a touch thinner than that?

I am a bit worried about the battery life, but then again, I rarely use up the battery in my 600 over a day. I also can plug it in in the car, or at work to give it a boost.

What I am concerned about more than anything......Does it WORK???? Is it incapacitated by the same issues as the 700p? Guess we will know next week.

Personally, I am looking forward to the slightly smaller form factor, and EVDO. Not to mention, the nicer screen you folks have enjoyed with the 650, 680, and 700p. I could care less about the SD card. Mini SD's are not that expensive. I'm sure I can find a use for my 2 gig SD card, (like in the new camera I just pre-ordered).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast