Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Sounds like a very small step up from the 700p
    sigh....situation normal. 700, 701, 701.5, you know... that whole thing...
    blowin the doors off the competition, palm, at high speeds... hold it, let me reach for my seatbelt....
    Palm is POS! I simply cannot believe the nerve of a company who operates this way. BUT they will sell a ton of these things because they don't care about us power users that have had Treos since Treo 180. Many people don't know about the Treo yet so THOSE people will buy them up. It makes sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    Palm is POS! I simply cannot believe the nerve of a company who operates this way. BUT they will sell a ton of these things because they don't care about us power users that have had Treos since Treo 180. Many people don't know about the Treo yet so THOSE people will buy them up. It makes sense to me.

Im sure they will sell a ton of em, but I wont be among the buyers. These may be fine for new users, but as a viable upgrade from a 700p or 650? pfft. uh uh. no way.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    This really sounds like the most feeble "new" release ever from Palm....well, at least since the PalmPilot days. Heck, even the Palm V to Vx and m505 to m515 days saw improved screens, a newer OS version and more RAM and/or a faster CPU.

Palm should have just stuck with the 680 formfactor, tweaked Garnet to support 8gb file volumes and promoted the HE11 out of 8gb SDHC cards! That'd at least have gotten them some attention right before the big iPhone launch of June (and for many fewer $!)

As is, I think Palm's getting ready to basically kill off the entire Garnet line save for maybe one PDA and the 680. They'll keep the "traditional" Treos mostly WinMob and put most of their eggs into the Hawk/STB/whatever coming this fall.
    Very probable, hkklife. Palm's innovative enthusiasm for this product is gone. Its outta there.

My only interest with palm is now the UMPC thing coming later this year.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Palm is doing the same exact thing they did with the Treo on the GSM side.

The Treo 680 isn't a "true" next-gen Treo for GSM, it is a medium until the new Palm OS ships.

People want the new form factor, and I must say I love my Treo 680, there are features on it that the 700p doesn't enjoy and it is A LOT smaller, no matter what anyone says!

So don't complain because you purchased a Treo 700p, be happy with that. I know that Rev A isn't on the new Treo 755p, but seriously folks, im still rockin it here with EDGE!

ps: i didnt mean that in a negative way.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Very probable, hkklife. Palm's innovative enthusiasm for this product is gone. Its outta there.

My only interest with palm is now the UMPC thing coming later this year.

If this is all Palm has done, how can we expect, I repeat how can we expect Palm to do anything that can match the I-phone. If I-phone was on Sprint with EVDO, I definitely think about changing platforms. Like others have said the MR will solve our problems and we can limp along until we see the Treo 800 with Linux and gps. Palm has to do somthing fast. Users soon will be able to get the 6800 or the or the new Blackberry device. More companies are starting to write software for it, plus being GSM too with CDMA. Palm has been posting our comments. They need to to take care of their user base. What, it took them almost two years to give us the 700p (that will be 3 years for a usable phone, once we get the MR! I wish Palm would clarify issues. No AD2P, no SD support????
    You preach to the choir, morningstar. Speak it from the mountaintops, my friend.

I don't subscribe to this shortchanging strategy from palm in any way whatsoever.

Personally, I'm interested in the blackberry curve, the iphone, and the ubiquio devices - along with, of course, the hawkins umpc, but aside from that, I don't find palm's treos all that interesting anymore.

They seem to take a step or two forward along with a couple steps back or sideways with each new generation. I'm not a fan of that strategy.

Bring on the iphone, I says. Let's see what healthy competition can do for the playing field here.
    What an upgrade. Compared to my antenna less 700p (below) this is exactly the same. Seems like mine is more of an upgrade since I can go up to 8gb SD card and my standard battery last longer. Way to go Palm!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...e/IMG_4139.jpg
    Last edited by aznmode; 05/08/2007 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    It works on the 650, however the backend isn't "live" yet so only time will tell if it will connect. But it does start up and attempt to connect. btw, it doesn't connect to each service directly, but through oz comm.

ps. all the above specs looks correct.
    How'd you get it?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12