1.    #1  
    I assume that the 700p ROM is in the carriers hands beineng tested as we speak. Has there been any reports leaked as what to expect or how effective the fixes are/are not?
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I assume that the 700p ROM is in the carriers hands beineng tested as we speak. Has there been any reports leaked as what to expect or how effective the fixes are/are not?
    We've all been beta testing the 700p ROM for a year now
    <br>
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I agree!
    Funny.

I think he means the MR due out in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Musicman247; 05/08/2007 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    No kidding....they were being sarcastic
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie View Post
    LOL!
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Does anyone think the new PalmBackup program is helping Palm with beta testing?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Funny.

Yes...the MR, not the ROM
    Yeah it sucks. It creates duplicates of all contacts & also it is buggy. I had to delete it & when I reinstall it would not let me backup. There was only option to restore. Well i did not want to restore PIM stuff from 2 weeks ago. Idiots at PALM
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I tried the backup beta and it would always fail in the middle of a backup. Removed it before it caused any more problems than I already had.
  11.    #11  
    Yikes! 6 posts in and my thread's been hijacked
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie View Post
    AHAHAH very nice!
    I'm going to venture a guess and say with all of the similarities that have been mentioned with the hardware you should just go take a look at a 755p to see the 700p ROM update. I'm guessing that it may be exactly the same ROM image that Palm is about to release for the 700p. If the hardware is exactly the same and they didn't change the phone app then why bother changing it? I'll bet right now that being the same image the same new apps will be included as well.

In a way its a great strategy (and it would explain why they took so long for the ROM). Take the same hardware that has been tested now for a year. Slap a new case on it (which was originally developed for the GSM 755), develop a new ROM correcting all of the issues associated with the said hardware and then release the phone as a new device at the same time releasing the same ROM as an update to appease the users of the previous phone.
    Well, the 755p review definitely made me decide to leave Palm. They still get resets with their own apps on the device. It is not Rev. A. It is still the same crap camera. Still the same Bluetooth hardware. Still the same crap browser. Still the same amount of memory. And they make is sound nice with a built in IM program, and Google Maps integration, as well with other little apps. Still the same piece of crap in a different wrapper.

In any case, i really hope the MR does fix the problems, but I will be jumping on the BB 8830 after my contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari View Post
    I'm going to venture a guess and say with all of the similarities that have been mentioned with the hardware you should just go take a look at a 755p to see the 700p ROM update. I'm guessing that it may be exactly the same ROM image that Palm is about to release for the 700p. If the hardware is exactly the same and they didn't change the phone app then why bother changing it? I'll bet right now that being the same image the same new apps will be included as well.

In a way its a great strategy (and it would explain why they took so long for the ROM). Take the same hardware that has been tested now for a year. Slap a new case on it (which was originally developed for the GSM 755), develop a new ROM correcting all of the issues associated with the said hardware and then release the phone as a new device at the same time releasing the same ROM as an update to appease the users of the previous phone.
    Yes, I agree that they will give us the same OS as the 755p with the MR. But I think they will make us sweat it out to see how many sales they can get from dummies who want a fix on their 700p's. So maybe two weeks after the launch of the 755p, which would put it right at the end of May like Palm originally stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Yes, I agree that they will give us the same OS as the 755p with the MR. But I think they will make us sweat it out to see how many sales they can get from dummies who want a fix on their 700p's. So maybe two weeks after the launch of the 755p, which would put it right at the end of May like Palm originally stated.
    Hmm...it almost seems like this was planned!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I wonder if the carrier testing was not the actual MR for the 700p but just the 755.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari View Post

God, I hope you're right, and I hope it solves all of our problems. Imagine if the 700p just plain worked without any of the lags, bluetooth issues, etc.? Man, that woould be a sweet phone indeed.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    The lag is definately getting old. You know it's getting bad when you know how to compensate for it as you move from ap to ap. Grrrr.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant