Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hi,

Here's my problem - I'm trying to get my Gmail on multiple machines (2 computers and a Treo), so I decided the Web browser and Gmail Treo app were the simplest way. I had POP access through Snappermail when it was only the Treo and a laptop, but with 3 machines it became impossible.

I'm using the Gmail autoforward to send my Treo an SMS text whenever a message comes in. Call it the poor-man's push e-mail. It's fine for me - i can see if someone sent me a message and reply through the Gmail app when I want.

BUT - I'm tired of the 6am reply waking me up. I want to set the Treo to silent for my normal sleep hours. I just can't find a way to do it.

I have a Treo 700p on Sprint's network.

I tried a server-side setting, but I can't find anything on the Sprint website.

I tried Schedulecare and Profilecare, but for some reason it puts my Treo into a reset loop. After several tries, I got tired of that and deleted it. Never found a fix.

I tried Profiles 1.02t, but it apparently doesn't work with the 700p.\

I tried Ringprofiles 1.4, but it doesn't seem to do what I want. I have it set to SMS silent for one profile, but it still vibrates whenever an SMS message is waiting. It's the Alert Manager warning me about the unread message, and I can't figure out how to silence the Alert Manager in Ringprofiles. I have Messaging and System set to OFF with no vibrate, but if the Treo is in vibrate mode, the Alert Manager still vibrates it.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt Streger
    Have you tried CrazyAlarms by Toysoft? It worked for me, but Toysoft Apps are really buggy for me, so I took all my Toysoft apps off.
    http://www.toysoft.ca/crazyalarms.html
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    you could use battery dr or phone technician to turn the phone off at a given time and turn it back on at a given time automatically. Then when it does turn on you will get the message.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Profiles 1.04t (updated for the 680/700P) has been working on my Sprint 700P and I've been using it for the same reason.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2PlayMe?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro