1.    #1  
    Recently retired, I certainly don't miss my crackberry or the messages of alarm it regularly provided me as a computer security officer. But I do miss two built-in software functions:
    • Automatic typo correction -- If I typed adn it was automagically corrected to and.
    • Automatic sentence termination -- Entering two spaces after a character string automagically replaced the first space with a period.
    I wonder if there are software pkgs that do this reliably on the 700p (though my device is momentarily stable and I might choose not to tempt fate).

Thanx!
    Daddoo
    Palm Pilot 500-->M505-->T2-->E2--->700p
    I think RNS puts out a program I believe it is called textplus. Also the treo makes some auto corrections.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    I think RNS puts out a program I believe it is called textplus. Also the treo makes some auto corrections.
    Here is the link to Textplus. It is a very good program
    http://www.smartcell.com/Web/pc-14-3...r-palm-os.aspx

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddoo View Post
    [*]Automatic typo correction -- If I typed adn it was automagically corrected to and.
    [*]Automatic sentence termination -- Entering two spaces after a character string automagically replaced the first space with a period.
    Textplus wil fix the "adn' to "and"
    but it won't fix the "two spaces" situation.

good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Treos automatically correct 'adn' to 'and' aswell! Have you never noticed?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Treos automatically correct 'adn' to 'and' aswell! Have you never noticed?
    Hadn't Noticed. Also didn't search, but is there a list of the common misspellings that are corrected automatically?
    mine does but I am not sure if its a function in the treo or SpellCheck application.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I just tried it. It corrected "adn" to and. I have no spelling software installed.
    It also corrects "teh"
    I have a file called autoreplaceDB that all these changes are housed, I am not sure how to modify it?
    I think it belongs to documents to go but I am not sure since removing DTG is impossible because it is in ROM
    Treoing & Loving it