Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Treo-650 owners:

I need any help you can give me about the camera. My photos are too dark. If I shade the lense with my hand then they get bright and clear. But this is difficult to do. Is there a brightness control. All my other camera phones have had it.

Thanks,
    Fred
    christina have you tried it?
    I am tempted....
    I haven't on the 680, because I very rarely use the camera. I have it on my 650 and it works, it also got great reviews for the 650...
    thanks
    Picasa which is a free download from Google is pretty good. My wife uses it all the time for fixing photos. Even the ones I take with my 650.
    BrightCam is a program that adjusts the lighting for the Treo camera. It doesn't edit pictures...
    what is the setting for the keypad light?
    BrightCam has it disabled somehow.
    I use KeyShades to toggle my keyboard lights on and off...

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-682.html

Are you using BrightCam on a 650 or 680? The comments on mytreo are horrible for the app's use on the 680.
    but it says it controls the keypad.
    maybe I will go back to keyshades.
    does it actually help that much with battery life?
    Yeah...I saw that you're using a 650 in the DBP thread...I was just too lazy to edit my post here.

I don't know how much the keyboard lights effect the 650's battery life, because the battery life is phenomenal to begin with. I'd worry about it on the 680...
  12.    #12  
    thanks guys for all the replies. I am looking for a feature either on the 650 or that can be added to 650 itself to take brighter photos.

fred
    Quote Originally Posted by fred-g View Post
    thanks guys for all the replies. I am looking for a feature either on the 650 or that can be added to 650 itself to take brighter photos.

fred
    Ummmm...did you check out the program I posted the link to? That's exactly what BrightCam does. You add BrightCam to the 650 and it adjusts the lighting for better/brighter pics...
    You sure? Brightcam description says it controls the keypad lighting based on the ambient light from the camera lens. No mention of Brightening up photos.
    It also adjusts the brightness of the screen...my result is brighter pics.
    I think what fred-g is after is a program that allows us to adjust the Treo camera's exposure setting manually.

As standard the camera adjusts the exposure automatically, so when the image is very bright (ie. a snow covered field) it reduces the exposure to compensate, often leading to darker pictures than intended. Likewise, a picture of something dark will have the opposite effect on the exposure.

I've used the 'partially covering the lens' trick myself and it works okay, but I'd like to have a slider in the camera software to manually adjust this setting.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    BrightCam is a program that adjusts the lighting for the Treo camera. It doesn't edit pictures...
    No it doesn't...I used BrightCam for two years and finally dumped it a couple of months ago. BrightCam adjusts keyboard and screen dimmness automatically to save battery power. It utilizes your camera to set the sensitivity for settings as to when keyboard and screen lighting should be brighter or dimmer between light and dark situations.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Then I've just been imagining my pics are better?? Now they're all going to look crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Then I've just been imagining my pics are better?? Now they're all going to look crappy
    Sorry but yes you have...don't let the Cam part of BrightCam fool ya...the cam part is what is used to designate the surrounding lighting to accomodate the light settings for your phone which helps save on battery power supposedly. When I used my Treo in the a lighted room or outside during the day the keyboard lights and screen would aluminate nice and bright and when I was in a dark room or at night my keyboard and screen would dimm all because of what the camera was verifying between its suroundings. Its wierd when you think of it but yes brighter is for a more lighter situation because of glare and you don't need to be bright when its dark.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast