Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Someone upload the "RomUpdaterApp.prc" for 680,
    but we can't get more details to flash the 680..

Dose some one know more details about how to customize and flash Treo680's Rom?

The "RomUpdaterApp.prc" for 680 is here
    http://www.treo.net.cn/bbs/thread-11306-1-9.html
    Does this mean a firmware update is on the way??
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    yes.. although I know someone has the whole package , but he can't copy the files to me...

and I can't get more details about how to customize and flash 680 ROM.

"RomUpdaterApp.prc" is very important, but not enough...

Do we have to waiting for next updater for 680 from Palm?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Does anyone know what the updates are...hopefully they fixed this lag when you do anything with the phone
    Looking for Tampa Real Estate
    Tampa Homes | Tampa Foreclosures | Brandon Real Estate
    Asian Treo site??!! How do we know this thing if for real or what it will do?

No new info I could find at the Palm site about new updates for the 680...
    I wonder how this romupdate will effect the north american 680.

In the past I've installed the asia ver of PTunes 4 and all the text couldn't not be displayed at all.

Anyone wanna give this update a try and let us know?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    One of our friends can flash Treo 680 from other coutries with APR ROM (CJKOS inside)..he flash many units already.
    So..
    I know it's real..

And another friend show me the whole package (on one SD card). But I can't get to copy it.

They told me the ROM isn't final one. And I can't copy it (because they signed the document..)

I post here , hope to get more details about it..
    But maybe none can tell us more ...
    Aaaaaah.... A glimmer of light shining at the end of the tunnel.

Maybe we will yet live to see a 680 ROM update!!
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I want a 680 ROM update so badly... IM application and freeze fixes! Please Palm! Amazing device, just fix the LITTLE things!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Does anyone know what the updates are...hopefully they fixed this lag when you do anything with the phone
    Hey RobM,

RobM (from farther up North) here...

I had the same freezing, delay problem until I did the following to resolve a battery issue. I am not sure which part of this fixed it, but I suspect it might have been related to the SIM card (or security update). Here is the information as I posted it on another forum...

-Download and install the Camera Software Patch (from Palm's Site)
    -Fully charge and discharge the phone a few times

My battery life was at about 6-10 hours before that, and now is lasting a few days (5-6 calls a day, and a few text messages, occassional internet access for traffic and weather apps).

The other things I have done (which may or may not be related to the battery issue) were:
    - Install Security update (again from Palm's site)
    - Cut a business card to the size of the SIM Card (leaving a small piece to fit into the pull-out notch at the end of the tray) and place it on top of the SIM before I inserted it.

This resolved my "Check Sim Card" error, and seems to have also resolved the occassional (few second) hangs after sending SMS messages or after calls. I have a feeling (that I cant confirm) that it also has affected (improved) battery life, as the intermittent connection to the SIM card seemed to be causing the phone to drop service, and/or display the "Check SIM card" error, and/or not reconnect after dropping service unless I powered the phone off and on... so I am thinking, all the reconnect attempts (failed and successful) would probably be a big drain on the battery as well.

Hope that helps you as well... since doing the above, I have not had any of the hangs after calls or texting, or doing other things... have not updated the firmware or anything else but what is listed above (which did not change any of my firmware or software revision numbers).

NOTE: This is ALL I have done to the phone since I have had it since my original hotsync other than installing a game and updating MegaLauncher... and I doubt it was one of those that fixed it...

-Robert

NOTE 2: Through a bunch of further testing, this has only IMPROVED the hanging issues... doesnt hang as often, and only sometimes after SMS messaging and switching to the "HOME" function.
    Last edited by RobertMfromLI; 05/26/2007 at 11:31 PM. Reason: (more info)
    where is Shadowmite??
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Got it ..I know how to customize and flash the Treo680 ROM...

Quote Originally Posted by navyyang View Post
    Got it ..I know how to customize and flash the Treo680 ROM...

I hope there is info going to be posted here ! Thanks in advance!!!

-alf
    Is this update possible without a SD Card reader? I have a Mac. Thanks for the help.
    Yes, you can use software to make your Treo act like a card reader, try Softick.com's CardExportII.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    where is Shadowmite??
    I am wondering the same thing...
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    To those who have Unlocked ROW, do you want to upgrade to what the ATT update fixes?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    To those who have Unlocked ROW, do you want to upgrade to what the ATT update fixes?
    I definitely did, mainly because the past fixes are now integrated and I can delete the installers from my SD card, secondly because of the possibility of creating a custom ROM to remove software I either don't use or have newer versions of.
    How did you update tomtastic? Are you cingular unlocked or unlocked ROW?
    Unlocked ROW
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast