Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bright2k View Post
    yeah, my 680 bricks,
    not because the update,
    but the combination the "low-palmos.zip.*" to "low-palmos.zip" and the modification to it,

I update my two non-ATT 680s smoothly,
    and brick one by attempting custom ROM.

So, the step is safe to just update the ROM, at least for my two 680s

BTW, I had updated the FW also but after that it didn't find the network,
    so I changed it back, and it's OK now.
    Did you change your MD5? I have stripped down a 680 ROM and it is working. So there are at least two of us that have done it.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by bright2k View Post
    BTW, I had updated the FW also but after that it didn't find the network, so I changed it back, and it's OK now.
    How did you change the FW back to the old (unlocked ROW I presume) version? Is it available somewhere or did you make a backup first, and if so, how?

Nice job anyway with your custom ROM!
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Updating the firmware and not getting a signal only happens with users with APR and not ROW unlocked 680.
    So I suppose people with an unlocked ROW 680 should be able to update with the AT&T ROM+FW and appart from the AT&T customization (colors, logos...) the 680 works fine after the upgrade, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie View Post
    So I suppose people with an unlocked ROW 680 should be able to update with the AT&T ROM+FW and appart from the AT&T customization (colors, logos...) the 680 works fine after the upgrade, right?
    Yes it works fine.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Yes it works fine.
    I just [quickly] checked the files in the original ROM and in the NEW updated rom.
    It seems to me that VERY LITTLE has changed.
    Can anybody tell what actually changed?
    - BT seems the same
    - Phone seems the same
    - Blazer seems the same
    What actually changed?

A part from being able to remove unneed application (by stripping the rom down)
    what you get in addition?
    I would say the benefit is that we can create custom ROMs stripped of Addit / GetGood / Ptunes, etc. And in addition, we can get those nice parts from other ROMs like the 755p's GoogleMaps-Contacts integration, we can replace the 680's (unique?) phone screen with that of the 755p also if people prefer it. I've seen nothing special or new in the update ATT ROM that would warrant it upgrading if you had already applied the individually release patches for security and camera.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    I would say the benefit is that we can create custom ROMs stripped of Addit / GetGood / Ptunes, etc. And in addition, we can get those nice parts from other ROMs like the 755p's GoogleMaps-Contacts integration, we can replace the 680's (unique?) phone screen with that of the 755p also if people prefer it. I've seen nothing special or new in the update ATT ROM that would warrant it upgrading if you had already applied the individually release patches for security and camera.

Hope that helps.
    This confirms my intuition that the "new" rom is identical to the "old" one + patches already applied...
    I think I'll wait for next release...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123