1.    #1  
    Having really bad lag on my 700p, I decided to do a hard reset. I took the easy way out and just resynced after the reset, hoping it would improve things, even if just a little. Well, my lag is worse--especially in the phone app. Dialing in tones in voicemail (to delete, save, etc.) is impossible sometimes, and while I had this happen on occasion before, it is exponentially worse now. But while the lag absolutely stinks, I can not live with what happened to all my contacts. The ring tone on probably 95% of all of my contacts (about 1,600 of them) has be changed from default to some horribly (HORRIBLY) annoying Bach thing. This is a nightmare and I feel like a complete *** whenever my phone rings. I'll obviously have to reset again, and this time the slow way--reinstalling my apps (very few: Versamail, Profiles v1.02t, NVBackup, Avantgo, YAUC, Kinoma 4.) Do you think my contacts will be fixed after this? What a friggen' nightmare.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I had this...and I had 40 contacts with a Feb. 26 Anniversary and aboutg 10 with June 20 anniversary
    Only workaround (that I could find) was to manually correct, then hotsync with HH overwrite DT
    I would also like to know how this happens, as the Bach ringtone has magically appeared on many of my contacts after a hard reset (on more than one occasion). I set this ringtone to my wife's cell number so I know it's her when she calls, but not on any of my other contacts. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?
    I had a lag problem with my 650 once. My contact database was corrpupt from either Ringo or MissingSync. I had to export and reimport my contacts as vcards. Worked fine after that.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plank View Post
    ... The ring tone on probably 95% of all of my contacts (about 1,600 of them) has be changed from default to some horribly (HORRIBLY) annoying Bach thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrain1 View Post
    I would also like to know how this happens, as the Bach ringtone has magically appeared on many of my contacts after a hard reset (on more than one occasion). I set this ringtone to my wife's cell number so I know it's her when she calls, but not on any of my other contacts. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

From my experience, each address found alphabetically after a certain one gets the same ring tone. If you're lucky it will be for people near the end of the alphabet. Can't figure out how, or why.
    Easiest cure is to set phone to vibrate.
    Sorry!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Bach ringtone on 3000 contacts. ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!
    Yep - I had this happen too after a hard reset and then re-sync. Luckily I only had special ringtones for family and work so it was only about 20 and I knew which ones to check.
    I did a hard reset and restore from RescoBackup and it did not cause this problem.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I still have the *$!# Bach ringtone.

I did a hard reset, brought back programs and data to the treo with NV backup - Bach is still there.

Then, I did a hard reset, brought back programs only with NV backup and did a resync with the DT to get the data to the treo - Bach is still there.

Any other ideas how to get rid of Bach but salvage all my contacts?
    Did you use a backup from before your original hard reset when this problem started?