1.    #1  
    Suggestions on the best cradle for the 680....solid USB connection and charging capability?

With my old 650 I found the connection to be sporadic (on 2 different Palm cradles).
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I use the Treo universal cradle. The thing I love about it is the hidden "pouch" to charge a 2nd Treo battery at the same time. I love this!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I have the Seidio Innodock junior at work. You can use it with a case! Love it.
    What cradle is compatible with my 680 using Seidio's 2400mAh battery and "humpy" battery door?
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    The either of Inno.Docks. If you don't plan on hooking up speakers/headphones to the cradle, I suggest the Junior model. I love my Inno.Dock with the 2.0 USB cable and the AC Power Kit. I like to be able to charge my treo without having to have my computer turned on.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    I have the Palm charge cradle at home:

http://store.treocentral.com/content...gn=TreoCentral

I like it because it can charge fast (not just the USB trickle charge). I don't have an extra battery, but I have considered that, so I like the fact it has the extra battery charging bay as well. And it is nice to have the sync button right there on the front.

It works well, and I have considered getting a second one for my office.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    what I would like (haven't seen it yet, haven't looked that hard) is a cable that would allow me to charge the Treo either off the USB port or DC, but would also have a device connected which could simultaneously charge a spare battery. it should NOT be a cradle, because 1) that's less portable and 2) more difficult to use with a case.

it might have synching capability but that wouldn't be necessary.
    What about Seidio's Multifunction Battery Charger? I absolutely love mine and use it everyday.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    I am just using the one that I had with my 1st treo (650) and it works fine.
    No porblems what so ever. Palm® Treo™ Cradle Kit
    http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    What about Seidio's Multifunction Battery Charger? I absolutely love mine and use it everyday.
    thanks! might be what I'm looking for. although, Seidio arouses such, um, passions -- & I remember getting their car cradle and not liking it too much. prolly worth a try, tho.