1.    #1  
    After 3 hours of trying to convert a user to a 680 from a phone it was discovered that the phone malfunctions if there are unread txts on the sim. The 680 showed no signal and wouldn't connect to data. Wheras another SIM card was fine, go figure. Deleting them on the phone then putting the sim in the 680 worked fine.

Oddly enough, the 680 would say you have new messages...do you want to view them. If you said NO it worked, but if you said yes, it would freak out.

Just letting everyone know to save 3 hours of late night grief.

Derek
    That's odd...I've never had that problem.
    Neither have I; in fact I had the opposite problem today. I suddenly received a message that said I had a message, or messages, on my SIM card, and did I want to transfer them to the phone. I said yes, and it appeared to comply, though I never did check to see what it was all about. So, contrary to what you report, it seems not to affect the 680, or at least mine. It was very civil about it all, quite surprising for a phone that usually crashes or runs out of gas at the slightest hiccup.
  4.    #4  
    I know it sounds odd. This was a upgrade to a Treo from a regular nokia phone so maybe the Nokia left something there, but until I deleted the 10 txt messages there, I had this problem over and over. However, with my SIM that I use every day...no problem at all.

Derek
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Neither have I; in fact I had the opposite problem today. I suddenly received a message that said I had a message, or messages, on my SIM card, and did I want to transfer them to the phone. I said yes, and it appeared to comply.
    Mine won't. The pop up screen message appears in a split second highlighting the "Yes" and disappears as quick as it appeared not giving enough time to respond to the "Yes".
    I had this problem too. I was upgrading from a motorola l6. I kept losing reception and the only solution was to delete the messages on another phone first.. You guys can also run a search on this. Many people have had this problem as well...