1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of an application that will allow me to trigger a hard reset? I got a replacement Treo 650 and I need to send my old one back. It's pretty much falling apart, and this includes the power button. I'm trying to do a hard reset but because the power button is flaky, it's not recognizing that I'm holding it down, and it won't work. At this point I don't know how to hard reset it without some app that will wipe all the data. I'm trying to get this done tonight so I can send it back tomorrow. Please help!
    can you us deinstaller and just wipe out the db of your contacts, etc.
    3rd party apps can be removed this way as well.
    thats the only way I can think of that will get the phone to almost factory state......I can't believe I aided a flyers fan....
    Hey Dude, I just answered your same post on myTreo!

Use Butler to remotely wipe the ram by sms
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post
    Hey Dude, I just answered your same post on myTreo!

Use Butler to remotely wipe the ram by sms
    Haha, I posted on every Treo related forum I could find.

Butler didn't work because the phone's already deactivated so it wouldn't get the SMS. But I found another app to do just what I needed, so I got it taken care of. Thanks for the recommendation though.
    So... What's the app?
    Yeah! What he said...
    what they said . . . .

what app can you install that wipes the ram?
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  8.    #8  
    It's PowerBtn.

It lets you remap any hard button to the power button, and also has a hard reset function. You press it, confirm, it gives a 10 second countdown where you can still cancel, than bam. That did exactly what I needed. A zero out reset would be nice, but that's not gonna happen with how bad these buttons are. Oh well.
    Thank you!
    Great. That is good little program have sitting on your treo, just in case!
    Nanotechnology Nerd
  11.    #11  
    No problem. I think I'll keep that around just in case.
    Thanks
    There's also Dmitry Grinberg's Hard Reset OS5. It doesn't prompt you before it does the reset.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    I think PwrButton incorporates Dmitry's hard reset code (thru some agreement amongst them).
    I got an unlocked 650 from ebay and would like to do a hard reset. My question is will I lose apps that were bundled with the unit- eg. Documents to Go, REalplayer, etc...?
    Programs in rom, no. Programs not in rom yes.
    If you have software that came with the phone and do not have the software to reinstall it, hotsync to your desktop and it will backup your data.