Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,
    T-Mobile just released Windows Mobile 6.0 upgrades for the Dash and MDA. Will the current version of GoodLink run on the new OS?
    I think with the latest version, it will, however, I will check on Monday to verify and let you know.
    ...What about v4.9.3.21_EN?
    Goodlink will not install on my PPC6700 running WM5 AKU3.5, so I doubt the most recent version of Goodlink (4.9.3.21 as noted above) will work with WM6 either...

GoodGuy, do you have an ETA for the release of 5.0?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by genji_808 View Post
    Hello,
    T-Mobile just released Windows Mobile 6.0 upgrades for the Dash and MDA. Will the current version of GoodLink run on the new OS?
    I think the upgrade for the MDA is a WM 5.0 'maintenance release' not a WM6 upgrade.
    Just wanted to confirm that the latest Good will NOT install on my newly upgraded WM 6.0 T-Mobile Dash. It simply gives me a "your handheld is not supported" issue. I'd imagine it may work with an appropriate version check, so hopefully this is an easy fix..?
    I'm having the same problem. Good just won't even try to install. Same as another post "You handheld is not supported". This is a huge bummer as this is the most important app for me and of course T-Mobile won't allow downgrades back to WM5... :-(
    Version 5 is targetted for release at the end of the 3rd quarter. Beta was released this week.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I was part of my company's Good Road Map this past week and from the slides I saw Good verson 5.0 fully supports Windows Mobile 5 and 6.
    4.9.3.21 has worked fine on my Treo 750v running WM6 however don't have any other WM6 devices to test it on yet.
    I tried loading Good on my HTC S710 running WM6 with no luck. Is there a way to signup for the beta program?
    is 5.0 going to be the ONLY version that supports WM6?
    This will be problematic - you see I have control over updating my device, and can do so as soon as the image is made available from Palm, however I am at the mercy of our IT dept to upgrade the Goodlink client and push it out - I can't see them rolling out 5.0 for maybe 6+ months as they test it...
    The beta is locked. You can contact your Good rep and see if they can get your organization on the beta, but it isn't very likely at this point.

5.0 will be the first version to support 6.0. Your IT department can have multiple versions of the client running simultaneously (4.9 and 5.0), so if you can convice your IT department to push it out to you when it is released and you will volunteer, you can get it that way. However, they will need to upgrade the GMM server to the newest version to do that.
    OK - so the news just got worse - to use 5.0 they have to upgrade the server - now we are talking a much longer time to roll this out internally....

Pretty disappointed the earlier versions won't be made to work with WM6....
    My company and I have been dealing with the Good products now for several years. We keep hanging on waiting for Good to deliver on the bulk of their promises, but it never happens. Here we are 3 years later and Goodlink/GMM is basically the same product for Windows as it was when they started it (complete with its own set of crippling bugs). They have always been excruciatingly slow to respond to fixes and feature improvements. They have consistently proven that they will never really excel at sound programming or interface usability. And they have a terrible record for supporting previous versions and devices.

So from here on out people like myself and some of you other long-time users will have to accept the responsibility for staying with Good and repeatedly getting disappointed by their business decisions and development issues. And for those of you without a few years of hands-on experience with Good, there are hundreds of testimonials out there from experienced Good users that let you know what you are in for. If you do your research and still think 5.0 or any other version is going to finally be the "good one", then shame on you for not listening to the users out there. If you are getting sucked in by the infrequent PC Magazine-type reviews where one guy reviews GMM on one device for 3 days and says how great it is, then again, shame on you.

I wish all of this info was out there 3 years ago when we were making our decision on Goodlink. All I can do now is complain to my IT supervisors and hope they will change directions. Trying to get Good to give you any solid solutions on this forum or anywhere else is an exercise in futility. So you either take the Good with the bad, or find a new email solution. But at this point we have to be accountable for our decisions. The info is out there. Heed what it tells you.
    Last edited by conekkted; 07/10/2007 at 01:50 PM.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by eVader View Post
    4.9.3.21 has worked fine on my Treo 750v running WM6 however don't have any other WM6 devices to test it on yet.
    How did you get Treo 750v with WM6?
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    My company and I have been dealing with the Good products now for several years. We keep hanging on waiting for Good to deliver on the bulk of their promises, but it never happens. Here we are 3 years later and Goodlink/GMM is basically the same product for Windows as it was when they started it (complete with its own set of crippling bugs). They have always been excruciatingly slow to respond to fixes and feature improvements. They have consistently proven that they will never really excel at sound programming or interface usability. And they have a terrible record for supporting previous versions and devices.

So from here on out people like myself and some of you other long-time users will have to accept the responsibility for staying with Good and repeatedly getting disappointed by their business decisions and development issues. And for those of you without a few years of hands-on experience with Good, there are hundreds of testimonials out there from experienced Good users that let you know what you are in for. If you do your research and still think 5.0 or any other version is going to finally be the "good one", then shame on you for not listening to the users out there. If you are getting sucked in by the infrequent PC Magazine-type reviews where one guy reviews GMM on one device for 3 days and says how great it is, then again, shame on you.

I wish all of this info was out there 3 years ago when we were making our decision on Goodlink. All I can do now is complain to my IT supervisors and hope they will change directions. Trying to get Good to give you any solid solutions on this forum or anywhere else is an exercise in futility. So you either take the Good with the bad, or find a new email solution. But at this point we have to be accountable for our decisions. The info is out there. Heed what it tells you.
    I second that......
  18. WDW
    We keep hanging on waiting for Good to deliver on the bulk of their promises, but it never happens...If you do your research and still think 5.0 or any other version is going to finally be the "good one", then shame on you for not listening to the users out there.
    Well shame on us, I guess. We are going to wait for 5.0...and wait...and wait. If 5.0 is rolled out as haphazardly as their last several releases then our company will look elsewhere. But we assume that since 5.0 will be about a year old by the time it actually gets released, it must have some improvements. I do not trust their testing though.

If you are getting sucked in by the infrequent PC Magazine-type reviews where one guy reviews GMM on one device for 3 days and says how great it is, then again, shame on you.
    Yeah. What is up with that review. It makes it sound so effortless to setup and maintain. It reminds me of the oh-so-perfect-iPhone videos on Apple's website that all mysteriously say 9:42 for the time. LOL. That reviewer should be taken out to the woodshed and spanked.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    For what its worth...my company has 4 Hermes / TyTN / 8525's / all running WM6 and GMM with no problems. We are using 4.9.3.37 - Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    For what its worth...my company has 4 Hermes / TyTN / 8525's / all running WM6 and GMM with no problems. We are using 4.9.3.37 - Jeff

Really??? This has been preventing me from taking a look at the HTC "Touch" w/WM6. Plus very discouraging when WM6 is released for the Treo. I would like the latest & greatest Windows on my device but I need Goodlink for corporate email.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast