Serial Number : IMSI:3105600xxxxxxx
    ROM Type : HERM200
    Device Type : HERM200
    Network Address : GPRS 4301
    GoodLink Client Version : 4.9.3.37
    OS Version: 5.2
    ROM Version: 1
    Firmware Version: 1
    where did you download WM6? It should state somewhere in the "about" device that it's running WM6. Mine says Windows Mobile 5 OS:5.1.195
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=317952
    and
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=316755

right - it says WM6 on the device, but my point is that GMM sees it as 5.2
    -Jeff
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=317952
    and
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=316755

right - it says WM6 on the device, but my point is that GMM sees it as 5.2
    -Jeff
    How do you check how GMM sees the OS?

At any rate this is good news....I thought I was going to have to wait for version 5 of Good to update my Treo when WM6 releases.
    i am going to try the wm6 rom on my treo 750 today.

i am using GMM 4.9.3.37 as well so we'll see how it goes.........
    Quote Originally Posted by skp_sr View Post
    i am going to try the wm6 rom on my treo 750 today.

i am using GMM 4.9.3.37 as well so we'll see how it goes.........

How's Goodlink running on the Treo?
    Hmm...

I have the Mogul (WM6.0) and when I tried to install Good Messaging I make it all the way to 'authenticating' and get the error "Good Messaging is not supported on the carrier: Sprint PCS. Please contact your IT Administrator".

Anyone else ever encounter this during the install on their WM6.0 device?
    Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem with the Mogul from Sprint (the 6800). It starts to authenticate and then says Good doesn't support Sprint PCS. What's up?
    Hm.. i don't know if is not supported because of WM6 or that it won't be supported until GMM 5.0

I guess we shall see in a month or so..
    I am curious if any of you who are running WM6 with the latest 4.9x version of GMM are experiencing long delays when inputting text in emails. I posted about this earlier but Goodguy only replied to say that that only 5.0 would be supported on WM6 but nobody else said anything. I have seen a few posts that claim they are not having issues with WM6 compatibility but none of those replied. Would any of you out there that are using WM6 please reply and let me know if you are experiencing this issue? I am thinking it is related to the autotext also having a problem and this delaying text input. by the way all other apps work fine and GMM works fine when looking up contacts, etc., just slow when typing emails.

thanks all
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Any update to this thread? Any other 750 users running Goodlink 4.9.3 with WM6?
    bump
    Scuba,

Which device are you specifically referring?

my understanding is that for WM6, 5.0 is the only supported platform.
    I have a 13 users in the UK running WM5.0 on their 750v's. My newest user says that her 750v has WM6.0 installed. When I tried to install 4.9.3.34 it balked and said it wasn't compatible. I waited three weeks until Good 5.0 was released and tried that, but it came back with the same message. The console shows 5.2 as her OS, not 6.0, however, all 13 other users show 5.1 as the OS and they work fine.

Very frustrating...
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    I'm sure you've checked the portal, but for some reason, its not certified for 5.0 either. Strange.

Hopefully its not pushed out to the december MR.

is 5.2 the wm5 AKU 3.3 version? its strange why 4.9.3.34 wouldn't work on it.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    For what its worth...my company has 4 Hermes / TyTN / 8525's / all running WM6 and GMM with no problems. We are using 4.9.3.37 - Jeff
    same here. 4.9.3.37 on wm6 on tytns and tilts
    Quote Originally Posted by eVader View Post
    4.9.3.21 has worked fine on my Treo 750v running WM6 however don't have any other WM6 devices to test it on yet.
    How did you install it?
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    How did you install it?
    Ditto. Inquiring minds want to know.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthkim View Post
    Scuba,

Which device are you specifically referring?

my understanding is that for WM6, 5.0 is the only supported platform.
    Treo 750. There are reports of people successfully using the backup method to get 4.9.x running on WM6. I'd like to know if anybody tried and didn't get it working.
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    How did you install it?
    I installed 3 revs of WM6 up until the final release through NDA which is why you wont find it posted or people speaking at length about it.

I was able to install the earlier 4.9.3.21 and later .37 clients on the WM6 Treo 750 without much of a problem and via the normal Good OTA however it did have usability\functionality problems which were reported to Good and have been addressed in GMM 5.0.0.67.

at&t should be releasing WM6 within the next week so the wait is almost over. GMM 5.0 + Treo 750 WM6 is a pretty solid.

as to the WM6 vs. GMP showing 5.2 that isnt a bug or failure by Good but rather it is what it really is -- WM6 is a minor rev from WM5.0 hence a move from 5.1 to 5.2. I believe its all a marketing thing...WM6 sounds impressively better than a WM5.2 but thats my $.02.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast