1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a PDF user manual for version 6 I can only find version 5. Or maybe you can just answer my question. When you go to menu on version 5 the clear route was the on the first page along with new route, on version 6 clear route is on the next page over on the menu so you have to hit an arrow key to move over then clear route, is their anyway to move this function back to page 1 so I dont have to scroll over? I was looking for a setting to maybe "hide" the premium features such as traffic which would then make an empty space for clear route to move over.. So far this is the only negative I have with the software.
    I have a pdf of the TT6 manual but I can't remember whether it came from the TomTom web site or off of the DVD. In any case, I can't find any way to customize the preferences. Too bad. I find some of their choices strange.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
    I have a pdf of the TT6 manual but I can't remember whether it came from the TomTom web site or off of the DVD. In any case, I can't find any way to customize the preferences. Too bad. I find some of their choices strange.

Bob
    Thanks for your help. I will check out the DVD.

Also on tomtoms website under a feature it says "speed alert" that is supposed to tell you that you are speeding.. So far I can only find something that turn the map off after a certain speed.
    In Status bar preferences, if you show the speed and the speed limit is available for the road you're on, then if you exceed the speed limit, your speed is shown in red. Of course I don't know how many roads have the speed limit built into the map, because you can't set it yourself. That's all I could find.

Bob
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
    In Status bar preferences, if you show the speed and the speed limit is available for the road you're on, then if you exceed the speed limit, your speed is shown in red. Of course I don't know how many roads have the speed limit built into the map, because you can't set it yourself. That's all I could find.

Bob
    Thanks.. I also found the manual on the DVD. I am amazed how much is left out of it, I just read the entire thing and couldn't find any information about speed alert. Overall its a great product but with a poor user manual that doesnt go in depth on some features.
    You can always check on the TomTom site to see if there's anything or leave a message for support. It may take a few days to get a reply, but at least you'll know if the alert they talk about on the site is the bit about turning red.

Bob