Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I am really at my wits end on this one. Everytime I try and start tomtom 6 in the past 2 weeks I get the legal notice and then it just exits. If anyone has had this problem before or has a suggestion please help. The only thing that I can think of that I did in the last 2 weeks is pair a new A2DP device. Before that everything worked great together including A2DP. The very first time it crashed it gave a 0502 error. After that, it just exits.

Here is what I have done.
    1. Deleted all bluetooth devices.
    2. Copied over all the tomtom stuff to a new SD card (tried FAT, FAT32 with both 2GB and 4GB card)
    3. Did a hard reset on my 700p and erased all data and tried again. (This should have put the RAM back to factory defaults correct?)
    4. At one point I was getting "Device not compatible" so I copied over the new 680 patches for kicks. Didn't work.

Here is what I have installed.
    Pocket Tunes 4
    Audio Gate by softick (tried 1.09 and 1.11)
    eWallet
    PDAnet
    Card Export
    Last edited by mircury; 05/04/2007 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mircury View Post
    Here is what I have done.
    1. Deleted all bluetooth devices.
    2. Copied over all the tomtom stuff to a new SD card (tried FAT, FAT32 with both 2GB and 4GB card)
    3. Did a hard reset on my 700p and erased all data and tried again. (This should have put the RAM back to factory defaults correct?)
    4. At one point I was getting "Device not compatible" so I copied over the new 750 patches for kicks. Didn't work.
    Your TomTom app or its maps may be corrupted. Instead of copying it over to another card, try re-installing everything directly from the disc. Hope it works.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Ya I tried copying from the CD also. Right now I just keep getting "Your Device is incompatible with TomTom Navigator". Funny, it didn't seem to think so for the past 6 months. Thanks for the suggestion.
    check the software version on your phone. I bet you that it changed to something like /180/01 or something like that I dont' remember.

I had this problem too and ended up getting another treo!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    My software version is -/1108/108- is that not normal?

Right now I just get the red screen with the "Your device is not compatible with TomTom NAVIGATOR". The 680 people are very familiar with it.

I also went searching around and found someone having my same problem with a lifedrive but no solution. http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120792
    I had the same issue. I don't know why the software on it changes or how it did but mine used to be the regular Treo700p-1.08-SPNT and one day it just changed to that software that you have and my Tomtom stopped working. I had to go to the sprint store and get a replacement. $50 :-( does anyone know how it got changed? Right now i'm afraid it will change again some day
    Quote Originally Posted by mircury View Post
    My software version is -/1108/108- is that not normal?

Right now I just get the red screen with the "Your device is not compatible with TomTom NAVIGATOR". The 680 people are very familiar with it.

I also went searching around and found someone having my same problem with a lifedrive but no solution. http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120792
    just curious, what applications you have on your Treo? maybe we can find out which app is causing it
    How odd!
    Let me tell you I've been through hell with Sprint rep at the store and tech support. They insisted that it's the right software version. Finally I had to go to them with a Treo that has the Treo700p-1.08-SPNT software and mine which is -/1108/108- to prove to them that it's the software issue. It's not possible for the software to changed on the treo correct?

It happened to me twice, the first time I thought mabye it was a software push by sprint but then it happened again last week.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Wow, I think I am finally on the right track. Thanks. TomTom probably does a software check when it starts up. Mine also has 0 or nothing for

CC-Cap: 000-000-000
    Hardware:
    HSSN:

I did a search for my weird software version and came up with this. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=118804

From what they said in that thread a crash could wipe it out.
    Last edited by mircury; 05/10/2007 at 02:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    To answer your applications question. I have reset my phone and erased everything several times so it's hard to remember everything I originally had on my 700p but all was working perfectly until I added and started regularly using a bluetooth A2DP device in my car. I had been using A2DP with my home stereo for a good 2 months without problems. The applications that I remember are.

Chatter
    Audiogate
    Tomtom6
    eWallet
    Pocket Tunes
    Kinoma EX
    Mobileclock
    MyBible
    Rosco Explorer
    Google Maps
    TCPMP
    Last edited by mircury; 05/10/2007 at 02:27 PM.
    The only thing we have in common is Resco Explorer and Tomtom. I"m still thinking it's something else or could be Resco.

Good to know that others have the same issue and Palm knows about it. I wasted $100 for both incident and wasted a lot of time trying to convince the morons at the store that it was a hardware defect but still they didn't want to admit it
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks for your help. I guess I'll run to the Sprint store. I do have insurance so it shouldn't be to bad. It has been really difficult trying to track down this problem. I wonder how many other people have this and don't even know it yet.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Well, last Thursday I took my phone into the sprint store along with printouts of this thread and another one. He tried to do a reset that wipes everything and of course that didn't work. He then gave it to the service department and told me to come back in 30 minutes. So I came back 30 minutes later and they said they were going to order me a replacement and it would be in on Tuesday. So today I went in and got the replacement and everything works fine so far including TomTom. It is reconditioned but as long as it works I guess I'm ok with it. It didn't cost me anything because I have insurance.