1.    #1  
    Palm's "Memos" are fine for taking notes - even extensive ones...but is there a program that is more like the old Ecco Pro? Essentially a PIM that is in an outline format where you can enter items (text) in an outline hierarchy, and assign the item to a number of different cateogtories (date, case/project, issue --whatever you define)

Is there anything approaching that for the Treo?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joel65203 View Post
    Palm's "Memos" are fine for taking notes - even extensive ones...but is there a program that is more like the old Ecco Pro? Essentially a PIM that is in an outline format where you can enter items (text) in an outline hierarchy, and assign the item to a number of different cateogtories (date, case/project, issue --whatever you define)

Is there anything approaching that for the Treo?
    Myself, an ex-Ecco user have replaced Ecco it with Listpro

Outliner with Columns. I use it to store everything except Calendar information.

Features like:

* alarms
    * indenting and outlining
    * item highlighting
    * any-size notes for each item

* any columns you want
    * shopping list functions
    * templates
    * over 300 free, pre-built lists

Exist in Palm, Windows & PPC version.
    Actually in V4.1. The developers last week confirmed on this board that V5 is in preparation.
    http://iliumsoft.com/site/lp/listpro.htm

John
  3.    #3  
    an ex-ecco user! Bless your, brother. I shall check it out.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    an ex-ecco user! Bless your, brother. I shall check it out.
    I left Ecco when I started using a Palm PDA. Many things in Ecco would not sync to Palm:- Columns, collapsible outlines, large notes.

With Listpro you have an exact replica on Palm.
    As for Palm PIMs, I use Agendus.

I have found that it is not an absolute necessity to relate a contact in phone book to an outline as is possible in Ecco. So I use Agendus only for Calendar. All the rest in Listpro.
    If necessary, I create the contact's name in Listpro also and do all the outlining, columns there.

If you use columns a lot, Listpro (flatten outline feature) allows you to sort items (according to any field) that are of different hierarchical levels, thing that is not possible with Ecco.

Are you still using Ecco?

John
    Last edited by Brjlk; 05/04/2007 at 03:48 PM.
  5.    #5  
    No, I stopped using Ecco not long after I started using Palm. Sync worked only "okay" and I figured it would just get worse since Ecco is not being updated. Palm's desktop is wonderfully simple and effective, but only Ecco users would know what I mean when I say Palm is lacking. I'm okay with leaving contacts, tasks, etc. in Palm....but I need to keep track of information on cases, and Ecco's outline format was perfect. I could make do with Palm's memos, but they are limited in size. List Pro is exactly what I was looking for.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    No, I stopped using Ecco not long after I started using Palm. Sync worked only "okay" and I figured it would just get worse since Ecco is not being updated. Palm's desktop is wonderfully simple and effective, but only Ecco users would know what I mean when I say Palm is lacking. I'm okay with leaving contacts, tasks, etc. in Palm....but I need to keep track of information on cases, and Ecco's outline format was perfect. I could make do with Palm's memos, but they are limited in size. List Pro is exactly what I was looking for.
    I am impressed by the number of lawyers among the Ecco community.
    If you want to be reassured about the future of Listpro
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=1246693

John