1.    #1  
    what is everyone's favourite pim software??? i have been using agendus-which is great, but i tend to get bored after a while and am always looking for the next great thing?? any suggestions??
    regards
    robert
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robertnobleman View Post
    what is everyone's favourite pim software??? i have been using agendus-which is great, but i tend to get bored after a while and am always looking for the next great thing?? any suggestions??
    regards
    robert
    What sort of PIM? Palm Desktop related?
    I use Agendus too & Listpro

John
  3.    #3  
    i use agendus premium on the palm (chatter for email) and address book/date book on mac osX
    all works well just looking for something different-you know how it is....
    I used Agendus for a long time but it was too slow and sluggish on my 680 so I switched to DateBk6 to handle events and tasks. Haven't decided whether to get a replacement for contacts. I don't use Memos any more. Instead I use DataShield for that type of thing. I also have Bonsai for outlining.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    I love agendus - tried datebook but keep going back to agendus (like the features more)
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    I love agendus - tried datebook but keep going back to agendus (like the features more)
    That was me as well. But Agendus got too big with too many features that I didn't use and then too slow on the 680. It took me a while to get used to DateBk6. I read the entire manual and played with settings for a bit. Now I'm used to it. It's not as pretty as Agendus but I can get things done faster.

Of course YMMV

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
    That was me as well. But Agendus got too big with too many features that I didn't use and then too slow on the 680. It took me a while to get used to DateBk6. I read the entire manual and played with settings for a bit. Now I'm used to it. It's not as pretty as Agendus but I can get things done faster.

Of course YMMV

Bob
    I am a PIM junkie. I prefer the one key press shortcuts with Agendus for quick entering of tasks, meetings, call, etc

It's also more visually stimulating to me

IMHO, I don't think DB is refined enough.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Another vote for Agendus, though on the contacts side I can't stand the time it takes to refresh the db everytime I filter with something or change views. But having the contact history is great. It's just slow. Haven't found anything I like better.

Now I'm looking for a today screen that will go on the main page instead of the keypad or wallpaper. Any suggestions?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I have to say the best PIM for me was Clie Organizer.....but as that can't be on a treo ;_;, I have to say the default PIM's with TodayPLUS GT to give it that good look...but since its not very one handed friendly mostly the basic PIM's. It does its job fine for me.
    What if you are just looking to extend the number of input fields (email, phone, address, etc) for one contact?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Now I'm looking for a today screen that will go on the main page instead of the keypad or wallpaper. Any suggestions?
    Have you tried Keyguard time+
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,45088.0.html

John
  12. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I was a Datebk user for versions 3-5, but when development on it fell behind the times I switched to Agendus. The only thing I like about Agendus is the calendar and todos (when displayed on the calendar), and even that has features that annoy me. I use the default memo pad because it requires fewer clicks, and most of all, I keep some of my memos hidden and Agendus has no menu option to show/hide secured records (WTF????) so that means going into another app and coming back every time I want to see a hidden memo. No thanks.

I don't think Iambic particularly cares about what users want, and I still remember the great Iambic / datebk5.com domain scandal, but for better or worse I still think Agendus is the best option for me right now. I try Datebk6 every now and then, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore.
    I'm a DakeBk guy since the DateBk3 days.
    what about 2day sofware from shsh?
    Certainly a lot cheaper than Datebk 6
    I've tried both Agendus and DateBook 5. I decided to keep things simple and started using 2day about a year ago. It works great!
    Easy - I use ksDatebook's month view (yes little font) and hold down the center button to see the time and my week's stuff with keygaurd+time.

Just what I need - nothing extra.

Oh - yeah - and Goodlink for my work stuff.

700p: The little pocket computer I could never do without.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Agendus is just way ahead of anything else regarding features. I like that I can email a memo off to my wife, keep a daily journal right in my datebook, I love the vivid agenda and meeting templates. It just can do nearly anything I'd like. The V12 beta is out and it looks like the performance is going to be much improved. Anyhow, sometimes it drives me crazy with some stability problems but so far on my Treo it hasn't caused a crash yet.