1.    #1  
    Sorry something happened to the Title when posting...should be "Had to reinstall desktop"...

I had to reinstall the desktop and I copied over my user directory (e.g. JDOE) from my backup. However, when I start the desktop it asks me to pick a user but nothing is in the list. My only option seems to be to add a new user. How do I find my JDOE user and get to all my stuff? Thanks....
    Last edited by UpsideDownMan; 05/04/2007 at 09:08 AM. Reason: explain bad title
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by UpsideDownMan View Post
    Sorry something happened to the Title when posting...should be "Had to reinstall desktop"...

I had to reinstall the desktop and I copied over my user directory (e.g. JDOE) from my backup. However, when I start the desktop it asks me to pick a user but nothing is in the list. My only option seems to be to add a new user. How do I find my JDOE user and get to all my stuff? Thanks....
    I found out what to do by using Google. Basically, you create a directory to install into (e.g. c:\Palm) then move over your data folder (e.g. JDOE). Now do the install. That found everything although I now can't get the hot sync to work - but that's another question.