1.    #1  
    Just got an update of the JackBack software. It is version 1.5. After installing it, I noticed that there was a copy of the program in both RAM and ROM. After sending a message to Brayder tech support, I found that this is by design, to prevent compacting problems on the module. Check it out at http://www.brayder.com

I really can't say enough about the service I have gotten with any problems related to my Visor. Brayder replied to my question in minutes, and after dropping my Visor a couple of weeks ago, rendering it inoperable, I had a replacement the next morning at zero cost to me. There are companies out there that do it right.
    Thanks for the post. I got the notice and downloaded the update, also noticing that it was on the visor and on the module - thought I could delete the one on the visor. Guess I shouldn't based on what you learned.
  3.    #3  
    I tried that, too. Whenever I started JackBack from the module it copied it onto the Visor. That's when I contacted Brayder. They said it should be on both...on the Visor to prevent the compacting and on the module so you can restore from a hard reset.
    You know...if Brayder cares enough to try to solve the compacting problem...I guess I should go ahead and purchase their product! It's only ten bucks anyway!
  5. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by broache
    I tried that, too. Whenever I started JackBack from the module it copied it onto the Visor. That's when I contacted Brayder. They said it should be on both...on the Visor to prevent the compacting and on the module so you can restore from a hard reset.
    How does it being on the visor prevent the compacting problem?
    I installed the new version and had a problem. When I opened JackBack after the upgrade, it checked the database then decided to do a backup right away. It locked up on a large database and I had to do a soft reset. That caused my flash module to be corrupted and it reformatted causing a loss of all data on the flash module. Several of my apps were pretty difficult to dug up the unlock codes on and some of the software had to be re-downloaded. Two hours later I am finally back where I started and my visor is back in shape. What a nightmare. I am not sure if this was coincidental or if the upgrade has bugs. If hacks caused it; I was running the popme, da launcher, clock pop, padlock plus, and tealecho hacks. Once everything was back in place I ran the installer again and had no trouble doing a backup with the hacks running. I suggest at the very least you turn off your hacks durring the install and on the first backup.
    I think It's worth noting that JackBack 1.5 now includes support for Matchbook Drive and Innopocket CompactFlash adapter modules
    <ul><li>Dave Kessler<br>President - Kopsis, Inc.</li></ul>
    Dave,

Thanks for including the CF compatibility in that new version. I have been waiting a long time for that. It should be mentioned that you have to be using the beta version (1.2) of FAFilemover to use the new JackBack (1.5) with a CF adapter.

Keep up the great work Kopsis.

-Redtideguy