1.    #1  
    Does 680 have wi-fi?
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    No Treo has WIFI, Palm OS or Windows Mobile.

Certain WM Treo's support WIFI cards, but dont have WIFI built in. The current Palm OS Garnet does not support wifi at all, zero drivers.

Except there is an accessorie for the Treo 600 and 650 that is a sled for 802.11b WIFI.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I borrowed a friend's Enfora. It was tricky to use at best. I like using a Bluetooth access point on the Treo, which works fine, though battery life goes quickly. And, I think I have one of two Bluetooth Access points in the world...
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Yeah I have never even heard of such a thing. I looked for one a while back and came up wtth nothing. And my Mac won't share via Bluetooth.

Can you point me in the direction of a bluetooth access point? Thanx!
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    Yeah I have never even heard of such a thing. I looked for one a while back and came up wtth nothing. And my Mac won't share via Bluetooth.

Can you point me in the direction of a bluetooth access point? Thanx!
    hey i don"t know how he did it buy my brother was able to get my mac to run as a bluetooth server through some program i know nothing about lol mbut i can ask him about it he gave me this site

http://www.bioneural.net/2003/10/12/...via-bluetooth/

he's a mac freak so he's good at this stuff...me i just use my mac as a jukebox XD
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    Dont they have WiFi cards that go into the SD slot? They actually look exactly like the SD cards, lets your little side thingamajigger close right up, and you have wifi.

The only reason i havent bought one is because i need my 8gb SD card in here, it has all my mp3s and movies and stuff, so im gonna wait for an 8gb+WiFi in one.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I tried that Mac thing. I have a Mac, and I couldn't get it to work.

I would want a dedicated bluetooth access point however, because then I could print to any of my network printers through Doc To Go, Control iTunes via Salling Clicker down stairs, etc.

Oh, Palm OS has NO WIFI Drivers for even the SD cards.
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    It allows you to stream the Internet through a Mac's bluetooth transmitter. Works great with my 650. Range is about 20 feet for me. Sort of poor man's wifi.
    I set up DUN and PAN between my 680 and Powerbook with Mac OS 10.4.9. I can use either the phone or the Mac as a bluetooth modem depending on the need. It works great both ways. The primary motivation to use the Mac to stream internet to the Treo is for the much enhanced speed whereas the T-Zones (T-Mobile) network speed is deplorable at best in the area where I live.
    I hope the new treo with Linux has this wi-fi.....
    on a whim I called my service provider to ask for info on their data plans. Wouldn't you know it, they have a unadvertised plan that allows for unlimited web access - no email push - for $15.00/month. I have access everywhere that I get a signal. I use versamail for my email and it works perfectly!

It's always worth asking...
    What service are you with? I think most of us have unlimited data...
    My provider is Unicel - in the Northeast US. It's $40 for a full data plan including email - and only $15 for web - makes no sense why there is such a difference, but whatever!
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw View Post
    My provider is Unicel - in the Northeast US. It's $40 for a full data plan including email - and only $15 for web - makes no sense why there is such a difference, but whatever!
    That's funny, because you can just check your mail on the mobile sites through the web. That's a pretty big difference in price just to have push email...
    Palm OS Garnet 5.4.9 must have some wifi drivers. The TX uses this same OS and it comes with built-in wifi.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    the Palm OS can not do simultanious connections. the old hack to enable wifi drivers on the cdma's 650, disabled the cell service when using the card.

i see that as pointless.
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones: