1. WDW
    Ya know how in Outlook desktop you might sort your emails by Sender or Subject and then push the "w" key to automatically scroll down to all emails from "Williams, Steve"? Is there any way to do this in GMM email? If I sort by sender and then hit a keyboard letter nothing happens. I end up having to scroll through dozens (sometimes hundreds) of emails to get down there. I know "t" goes to the top, "b" the bottom and "spacebar" does a page down (what is page up?). But that is little help. Is it just my device?
    No for the reason you state.The keys a,b,d,f,g,l,m,n,r,t,u,p,s and v are all shortcut keys, so an alphabetical wouldn't work.
  3. WDW
    Understood. However I think that in the email list screen it would make much more sense to be able to jump to emails alphabetically like in Outlook. Since most people synch with Outlook why not use their proven conventions?
    I see your point, however, all of the 1-letter short-cuts I listed are used in the inbox. The ability to naviagate one-handed took precedence over that one Outlook short-cut. To be honest, I never knew the Outlook short-cut you refer to existed. You could use the "Find messages" command and search based on the user name and bring them all up.
  5. WDW
    I must admint that I do use several of the shortcut keys you mentioned above. I guess I am bummed-out that a lot of things in GMM seem to be all or nothing and have no user configuration. This is a great example of where it would be nice for GMM to have some options to let the user choose shortcuts vs alphabetical navigation. When you sort by Sender or Subject it stands to reason that you would want to then find emails alphabetically. Instead you have to scroll.