Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I still have version 2.02p3+ Can I still upgrade OTA via Chatter's systems menu?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Boy am I glad to see Marc still chiming in to inform us... Thanks Marc!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Interesting,
    no chattermail on the new 755.
    VersaCR## with microsoft...
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  4.    #24  
    That's what I don't get, why is Versacrap still on the new Palm's(755)?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I imagine Palm does not have the resources, or desire, to provide support on Chatter if it were released to the masses. I bet all of their attention is being paid to incorporating Chatter into the new Linux-based OS.
  6.    #26  
    Makes sense, but it would have been nice
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Perhaps it's because Palm absorbed Chatter less than 2 months ago and the 755 has likely been in R&D for a year? That'd be a lot of churn and testing at the end of a R&D cycle, very likely extending the testing and delaying release.

Perhaps they'll offer it at a discount to 755p owners.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Doesn't it seem odd that the 650 & 700 were offered at starting prices of $500-$600, yet the 755 is priced at $280? Me thinks(at least hopes) this is evidence of the last of this particular Treo line.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I don't get why there will be no further updates to Chatter. Push email (with a real email client unlike Versacrap) was the big reason I bought a Treo. If there is no viable Chatter or alternative in the future I won't be a Palm customer anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    I don't get why there will be no further updates to Chatter. Push email (with a real email client unlike Versacrap) was the big reason I bought a Treo. If there is no viable Chatter or alternative in the future I won't be a Palm customer anymore.
    Because the guy that wrote Chatter sold the company (and his development skills) to Palm and is likely working on Chatter for the new Linux-based OS. The existing version of Chatter is so feature-rich, what more could you want? Given Marc's abilities, I suspect Palm will release a very good version in upcoming devices.
    yes, right now, unless someone finds some drastic nasty Chatter bug, why would there be any more releases? I don't foresee any new major protocol emerging, nor any changes to SSL, etc, and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $Chatter$ $works$ $pretty$ $well$, $so$ $it$'$s$ $definately$ $in$ $maintenance$ $mode$.

Sure, people like updates, maybe somehow make the interface snazzier or better, etc., but don't discount that it won't happen. I am sure Marc isn't sitting on his hands, although he's not necessarily working on Chatter right now.

However, I would hope that the magic he put into Chatter will make it into other programs too, which will be great. Or as supposed, maybe he's working on a Linux version of Chatter for the next generation OS. At least polishing the abstraction/emulation. Or perhaps Marc is working on the abstraction layer so the Palm apps can multitask with native apps.

We'll all see when the 900L comes out, eh Perry.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Since 12/04 (the month I bought Chatter) to 3/07 Marc has released more updates to Chatter than Palm has released to all of it's software since it's formation in the 90's. During those 27 months I bet that Marc released approximately 400 upgrades to the beta versions of Chatter. I sincerely doubt we'll ever see a product upgraded that much for the forseeable future!

Regarding the new Chatter for Linux, it will be a very stable product that will require minimal updates. Marc is going to be dangerous now that he will have a hand in developing the new Linux OS. ; )
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo View Post
    Since 12/04 (the month I bought Chatter) to 3/07 Marc has released more updates to Chatter than Palm has released to all of it's software since it's formation in the 90's. During those 27 months I bet that Marc released approximately 400 upgrades to the beta versions of Chatter. I sincerely doubt we'll ever see a product upgraded that much for the forseeable future!

Regarding the new Chatter for Linux, it will be a very stable product that will require minimal updates. Marc is going to be dangerous now that he will have a hand in developing the new Linux OS. ; )
    Now, don't confuse daily updates with "upgrades". How many of those updates were upgrades? Every few weeks? I know he had a very open beta test, so ignore the beta releases and count the stables. I suspect the number is much lower and a reasonable number.

However, your point is made.. Most bugs were fixed quickly as well as improvements and new features added often.
    So does chatter support push email, like blackberry, or activesync on exchange?
    Matty
    Yes to both.
    Let me say again that I did not move to Palm to work on ChatterEmail, and that I wouldn't expect to see any future development on it.

Marc
    can you send me the chatteremail zip by email?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12