Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I would love some feedback on these programs. I want something that will give me a better "favorites" list. Something where I can write out a name and not just one letter for speed dial. Easy is good for me. Just want a good contact, good speed dial program that works with a 680. Thank you for the wonderful help I get from everyone.
    I like DialByPhoto. It's very easy to use...
    me too.. love it, except when I synced my contacts on my pc to overide the handheld.....by by photo's
    Dial By Photo for me too....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    +1 for DBP.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Dbp
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    DBP for pretty graphics, but slower responses and slow to start up for the first time you run it after a reset.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I like and use dialby photo. TakePhone is also good, good search feature DBP is better looking.
    Why not do a trial on both and then decide.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Another +1 for DBP
    Another for DBP
    Can't compare the both in the same context though, DBP has more eye candy but can't manage contacts as good as TakePhone does.

If you need better contact management you may use iQcontacts/ TakePhone or Address XT instead.

If you manage contacts with Palm's native Contacts app and needs little more eye candy use DBP
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandana View Post
    Can't compare the both in the same context though, DBP has more eye candy but can't manage contacts as good as TakePhone does.

If you need better contact management you may use iQcontacts/ TakePhone or Address XT instead.

If you manage contacts with Palm's native Contacts app and needs little more eye candy use DBP
    good summary....
    Takephone is more business like in the options it gives you when u select a phone # in contacts or Dial Log.
    DbP looks sweet though.
    I have both. Takephone is my work week phone/contact manager and DbP is my weekend fun app.
  14.    #14  
    Thank you for all your feedback. I just downloaded Dial by Photo and it keeps crashing. I might try TakePhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by saftasaba View Post
    Thank you for all your feedback. I just downloaded Dial by Photo and it keeps crashing. I might try TakePhone next.
    I guess that's a -1 for DialByPhoto, huh?
    latest build has been crahing on me too....don't give up...its great software.....
    after their contest is over I want to start a dbp theme thread....
    Cadman...is that v1.4005? I haven't switched to that one and v1.4004 has been pretty stable for me as far as I can tell...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Cadman...is that v1.4005? I haven't switched to that one and v1.4004 has been pretty stable for me as far as I can tell...
    yeah it is.....maybe I will try and restore to 1.4004 if I can find it...
    Takephone!
    back on version 1.4004 and life is good...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast