Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    picture dial with ribbon view.. small program with effective picture dialing and perfectly stable..
    Surprizing how many people are that much about DBP. It's pretty, but TakePhone is so much more powerful. But then again, TakePhone has just added Photo dialing, so I suspect the design will improve. TakePhone could use some more skins too, right now they're somewhat lacking as well with the new 7.00 version.

But then again, I think photo dialing is a little silly. I've turned on the option in TakePhone but not quite sure I like it.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I would like to see the graphics folks at DBP turned loose on TP. DBP doesn't hold a candle to TP in terms of functionality and maturity but it looks so much better. I have gone back to TP (for now) to check out it's photo dialing feature. It's OK but no where near as purty as DBP. Plus no icons are included and you have to use a real picture. So, I'll keep'em both for now and see what's coming in DBP. Hopefully they'll fix the speed dial issue.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I also have enabled the option n TakePhone for play purposes; it works but I will not be using it. I do like the option to also launch applications.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    TakePhone could use some more skins too, right now they're somewhat lacking as well with the new 7.00 version.
    I'm a little surprised to hear you say you think TAKEphONE 7.00 has a shortage of skins. In addition to the skins in the application download zip file, you can find others here http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1104.html and here http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...akephone+skins. I have 33 TP 7.00 skin options loaded into my 680, and there are other TP 7.00 skin choices that I decided not to download.

And I have to say I love the new i-bar photo dialing option. I used to default to the TP dialpad, but now I default to the find screen where the i-bar is, because it's so easy for me to dial my most-used numbers from there, with the option to be able to choose from multiple numbers for a contact or send an SMS, just from tapping the photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I'm a little surprised to hear you say you think TAKEphONE 7.00 has a shortage of skins. In addition to the skins in the application download zip file, you can find others here http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1104.html and here http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...akephone+skins. I have 33 TP 7.00 skin options loaded into my 680, and there are other TP 7.00 skin choices that I decided not to download.

And I have to say I love the new i-bar photo dialing option. I used to default to the TP dialpad, but now I default to the find screen where the i-bar is, because it's so easy for me to dial my most-used numbers from there, with the option to be able to choose from multiple numbers for a contact or send an SMS, just from tapping the photo.
    Ya know, I might have just not looked around since 7.00 came out, perhaps that's why I was thinking there wasn't very many skins yet. I'll have to check those links out, thanks!
    TakePhone !
    I was using for few days DBP - too slow, too heavy. Is not the GUI - is what you have under ;-)
  8. TML
    I like DialByPhoto. V1.4007 on 680. No issues
    TML
    -----
    Treo 680
    8GB SD card
    Agendus 11.1
    Pocket Tunes 4.0.2
    DialByPhoto 1.4007
    SecureCard 1.1
    VoiceDialIt 2.0.5
    KoolSounds 1.6
    LightWav 2.3#60
    Kinoma 4.1.2
    Warden Security 2.0.1050 Pro
    Another vote for Takephone. Its much more polished, and handles the true *phone* features a whole lot better. DBP is just a lot prettier to look at, but really not for those who use their Treos primarily for business.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Another vote for Takephone. Its much more polished, and handles the true *phone* features a whole lot better. DBP is just a lot prettier to look at, but really not for those who use their Treos primarily for business.
    Agree, but it makes the palm os/ dialing program so much nicer to look at.
    I bought DBP and used it for a while. Well designed app from great company. However, two issues I had. First, it caused a lot of resets. Second, I didn't really care to see pictures of some of my fellow employees. Really, the picture dialing does seem a bit silly and more complicated. But DBP did have some nice features. I might try it again sometime.
    I like DBP but it causes too many resets - so I'm back to TP.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I don't have any issues with DialByPhone but then I'm not a huge phone user. I just wanted something nicer for my most frequently dialed numbers.

When it causes resets, how are they invoked? Just so I can look out for the issue.
    the reset happens when I initiate a call...not all the time, but frequently enough that I consider it unreliable. Reset Doctor reports a "fatal exception when running dial by photo".
    I have this happen sometimes when I hit the call button twice to avoid lag between selecting the number and it actually dialing.
    I also didn't realize how much DBP lags when initiating a call until I went back to TP. It's much faster.
    I have my 755 set up so that the first time I hit the phone button, DBP comes up. I have my 5 most called people on the circular photo screen. If I hit the phone button again it comes up to takephone which i use for most other calls and phone things
    Takephone has all the functions u need, DBP is lacking allot of them

DBP is just nicer looking but inturn takes up more memory
    Dont know if this has been mentioned, but Takephone 7.x has a dial by photo feature as well. Giving it even more functionality.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Dont know if this has been mentioned, but Takephone 7.x has a dial by photo feature as well. Giving it even more functionality.
    Yeah, I wasn't really impressed with that implementation though.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast