Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ok here is the problem that I am currently having with my phone.

I live in AZ, state where there is no DST. But when I make appointments in the calendar I see that it puts them under the "Denver" timezone. Considering that Denver does have DST I don't think that this is a good fit. My problem is that when I create a new appt. for let's say 4:30EST it shows 2:30 in my appointment book which isn't correct it should be 1:30 in my calendar.
    What have a tried to fix this?
    • I have tried to turn off Get Time Zone from Mobile Network
    • I have also tried to make it so that all new appts. are in AZ timezone

None of these are seeming to work. When I create it with the AZ timezone then it is an hour off. When I turn off the network time zone, all previous and future appts. are then an hour off. Anyone know why this might be happening? Anyway to fix it?

BTW I have all the updates to DST for Office and for Palm.
    I have it set to get network time and everything works fine. I have checked get date and time from network and get time zone form network...

Under calendar app go to pref and make sure "new events use time zones" is not checked
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    If you could try something for me, I would appreciate it. If you set your timezone to Arizona (Mountain Time -7 GMT) and then turn off the DST as Arizona doesn't use DST. Then you create a new appt with the NY time zone does it show the right time margin; i.e. 1:30 in AZ is 4:30 in NY?

What's your default timezone when you uncheck the get time zone from network box?
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    If you could try something for me, I would appreciate it. If you set your timezone to Arizona (Mountain Time -7 GMT) and then turn off the DST as Arizona doesn't use DST. Then you create a new appt with the NY time zone does it show the right time margin; i.e. 1:30 in AZ is 4:30 in NY?

What's your default timezone when you uncheck the get time zone from network box?
    I have no clue on that last part.. It just says "get time zone from network" and wont let me select one unless I uncheck that and set my own.

So right now my time zone is AZ, give me a few hours since I am installing tomtom 6 right now and want to take it for a quick test drive. But I will make an appointment and tell it to do 4:30 NY time.. My guess is you dont have the DST patch and neither do I so that could make a problem.
    I went to calander. I set the timezone to new york. I seleced 12 noon as my start time and 1 am as my end time. I hit ok. On my calander it showed up as start time 10 am end time 11am.... But I dont have the DST patch
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I have the DST patch and have the exact same thing happen shows 10pm when it should say 9pm.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    On my 650 with DST patch installed, there's no need to enter an appt. to see the error. Switching from EDT to MST in Prefs results in a -3 hour time change. It should be -1 hour (-2 for jump from Eastern to Mountain, +1 for switch from Daylight to Standard).

Then again, I hard reset recently, so I guess I don't have the DST installed. Theoretically shouldn't matter since May is within the old DST timeframe.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    OK, I'm an *****. Spring forward, not spring back, so it should be -2 + -1 = -3, not -2 + +1 = -1. Lemme try setting an appt. now.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster