Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. divamum's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #1  
    1. Is it possible to swap a battery out without triggering a reset - is there a "hot swap" setting somewhere?

    2. I know i can disable the touchscreen while on the phone, but is there any way to access the features the touch screen offers during calls, eg mute, hang up, speakerphone etc? My darned earrings keeps bumping things when I'm on a call (I know, I know - don't wear earrings ) so I'd like to disable it, but if I do I need to know how to access these other functions via key commands, and I can't find them...

    TIA!!
  2. #2  
    1.No

    2. Use the 5 way navigator and highlight the items then hit t he center button to select options.
  3. divamum's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #3  
    Thank you!

    I didn't even think of trying the 5-way... duh... Not sure that will be terribly convenient when on a call, but at least I now know how to do it!
  4. #4  
    The phone shouldn't reboot if you have it plugged into a charger when you swap the battery
  5. vMAC's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    The phone shouldn't reboot if you have it plugged into a charger when you swap the battery
    QFT

    I thought this was the case, as I have done it before, but didn't want to say anything until I was sure, and I just tried it out and sure enough it doesn't reboot plugged in to the wall.
  6. #6  
    When the OP said "hot swap" and hot swap is when you are mobil and can remove the battery for a short period of time while putting a new battery in without external power...

    For example my laptop can do a hot swap which you have like 30 seconds to swap batteries before the computer dies and you need to restart it.
  7. divamum's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    QFT

    I thought this was the case, as I have done it before, but didn't want to say anything until I was sure, and I just tried it out and sure enough it doesn't reboot plugged in to the wall.
    perfect solution - thanks!
  8. divamum's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    When the OP said "hot swap" and hot swap is when you are mobil and can remove the battery for a short period of time while putting a new battery in without external power...

    For example my laptop can do a hot swap which you have like 30 seconds to swap batteries before the computer dies and you need to restart it.
    You're right that is what I meant, but since I'm often near the charger (where the spare battery is) when I swap them out, the alternate suggestion will address many of the times when I switch them.

Posting Permissions