1.    #1  
    Leaving for France tomorrow. Don't care about phone, since Sprint does not work we will use phonecards, but would like to have my contacts, calendar, etc.
    Do I need more than an adaptor to charge my 700p? i.e. do I also need a converter/transformer to keep from frying it?
    Thanks.
    Bob
    You need an adapter..

How long are you going to be gone? You might be fine if you turn off the phone and just use it as a PDA the battery should last a long time. My guess is with light usage and the phone off not searching for a signal you should be able to use it for a solid week.
  3.    #3  
    We'll be there for 2 weeks. Found a friend who just got back and has the correct transformer. thanks.
    Bob
    I didn't use a transformer. I just had a plug adapter and used the regular charger. Worked fine.
    the new appliances sold by palm (Starting with 600) will work with 240v systems. The adapters automatically work in the US (120v) and abroad (240v). I am not sure what the wall plugs look like in France, but that is what you may need, but either way that is like a $2 plug
    Treoing & Loving it
    The charger that Palm gives you with the cradle will have the requisite plug types for everywhere. That is what I use. Or yeah it is a $ cheapie adapter.
    I live in Germany right now and I use my 700p for GPS, contacts, alarms, and Bike or Die Like other people have already said, you just need an adapter... no need for a transformer. The 700p has a dual-voltage charger. Enjoy France.