1.    #1  
    My unlocked copper 680 Treo works fine connecting via GPRS to the web. Blazer is fairly quick to donewload popular sites, such as ABCnews, BBC news, the Palm web page and such.

However I canīt use mail directly (by wireless GPRS) My mail application only works synching directly (with cable) with my PC. I have tried Versamail, Chattermail, Palm Eudora, and now Agendus Mail. ALL synch fine with PC but when trying to check mail directly, messages saying "DNS server not found" - or "SMTP/POP server not found" in spite of using the exact parameters (Pop & SMTP) as on main PC.

I am sure something in my configuration (GPRS) is wrong. I have tried GMail for instance, using pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com as servers but no connection whatever.

Am going silently mad...
    Quote Originally Posted by charcape7 View Post
    However I canīt use mail directly (by wireless GPRS) My mail application only works synching directly (with cable) with my PC. I have tried Versamail, Chattermail, Palm Eudora, and now Agendus Mail. ALL synch fine with PC but when trying to check mail directly, messages saying "DNS server not found" - or "SMTP/POP server not found" in spite of using the exact parameters (Pop & SMTP) as on main PC.

I am sure something in my configuration (GPRS) is wrong. I have tried GMail for instance, using pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com as servers but no connection whatever.
    What data service do you have? media max? pda connect? ???
    Have you tried going to gmail and disabling the pop service, save, enabling pop service, save then going online to try and download.

Also is your mail settings set to use the alternate SSL port instead of the standard email port as per the gmail instructions online? On your desktop the ssl port choice may not be obvious
    In my experience, your receiving POP parameters are the same on the desktop and using GPRS, for example pop.gmail.com. Your SMTP server is specific to your cell provider, for example smtp.attwireless.net. It cannot be the same as for your desktop wired internet connection. At least that is how it works for me on my 680 and also on my old T3 connected via bluetooth thru an old Motorola V600.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Have you tried going to gmail and disabling the pop service, save, enabling pop service, save then going online to try and download.

Also is your mail settings set to use the alternate SSL port instead of the standard email port as per the gmail instructions online? On your desktop the ssl port choice may not be obvious
    Did the first part: Disabled POP and then enabled it again.
    Still does no t retrieve pop messages.

However I`m not sure what alternate SSL port is required.
    Thmaks for reply.
    Look here for the port instructions

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...287&topic=1556