Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Sometimes on my 650, it will be in roaming mode and I can't get the internet. I'm in my home network, and I have nationwide long distnace. The message I get is, "internet not availiable while roaming". I have to do a soft reset for it to work. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks, Justin
    I have seen this happen. Not a lot but it does. All I do is just turn off and turn on the phone. What third party software do you have installed?

What's you telephone provider?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I have Sprint.

Justin
    Call *2 and when asked what you'd like to do, say "CANCEL."

When the live rep comes on tell them you need your phone flagged for a PRL Update.

They will set a flag in your account and the next time you dial *2 your PRL will be updated.

After the update your phone should be able to connect to the internet while roaming, unless the roaming provider in the area doesn't allow for it.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    After the update your phone should be able to connect to the internet while roaming, unless the roaming provider in the area doesn't allow for it.
    I was under the impression that you can't do any data roaming unless your CARRIER has an agreement with the roaming provider, not anything to do with the roaming provider not allowing it. If they have agreements, then the PRL will reflect that and allow roaming there.

In my experience over the past 1/2 year or so, Sprint has done a great job of signing up roaming providers, coverage in Northern California has been nearly constant as I get around.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.