1.    #1  
    Saw a discussion a long time ago about this but I don't know if anything ever materialized from it. I want to try putting WM5 on a 700p I have that's unused (I don't care if I totally screw it up) If it works I may try installing it on my treo that actually works. My questions are has anyone done this, is it technically possibile (is the hardware the same) and if it is, how would you go about flashing the 700p with the 700wx ROM. Lastly, what could be done about the difference in the keyboard hardkeys? (Answer/hang up are diff. etc.)

Thanks for any ideas.
    It's not possible at the moment for sure because there is no way to flash the ROM.

After the new ROM is release, I can't say.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    The 700p and 700w are very similar, but I believe there are some differences. The 700wx has twice the RAM as the 700w and the 700p.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    The 700p and 700w are very similar, but I believe there are some differences. The 700wx has twice the RAM as the 700w and the 700p.
    Also the 700p has a screen size 320x320 currently not supported on WM5 as I understand. I read somewhere that WM6 will support 320x320 screens - true?.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  5.    #5  
    I believe the screen size comment would be true. 240x320 is supported, but I don't think 320x320 is.

Anyone had luck in changing their 700p out with a wx through sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan42 View Post
    I believe the screen size comment would be true. 240x320 is supported, but I don't think 320x320 is.

Anyone had luck in changing their 700p out with a wx through sprint?
    Yep, I had my 700P for about 4 months, too many issues to mention and I called up CC and got a 700WX sent to me for the 700P. Nothing other than that... but now that was almost a year ago I doubt that would still be extended.
  7.    #7  
    I didn't think the WX existed a year ago or I would have gotten it then. I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan42 View Post
    I didn't think the WX existed a year ago or I would have gotten it then. I could be wrong.
    Sorry, it was announced in May or June I believe, it was sent to me by September. But I got them to agree to the new device when it was announced. Apologies for the misinformation...