Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    As the owner of a "perfect" no flaw 650, I have offered an "upgrade thru verizon for a 700p. Two questions come to mind: 1) Is there a list of common 3rd party programs that DON'T work 2) Is the 700p woth the upgrade considering I have never had a problem with my 650 in 2+ years.
    Thanks in advance for any advice!!!!
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I would say upgrade to a 700p as I was the same way with my 650. I wanted the fast speed network (EVDO) and I wanted more RAM, got both and couldn't be happier with my 700p. I do have Sprint though soit may be a little different with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    If you upgrade be warned about the speed decrease that you'll experience. Many other users have reported this as well as myself, that switching between apps is much speedier on the 650 vs the 700p.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    wait until the update (May 28) and see if there are raves or rants on this site before doing that. My 650 was a far more trouble-free device than the 700P is and the connection speed and ram were not worth the other aggravations. It could be a real step forward if the fix is truly a fix...
    Never underestimate the power of freedom!

Treo 600, 650, 700P and now 755P.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I just upgraded to a 700p from a 650 for free through sprint.

I have no problems with lag.
    It takes a little while to get use to the new button layout. Bluetooth is much better when connected, but the 650 connects consitantly were the 700p is more of a crapshoot.

When upgarding a few of my programs did not make it to the 700p but most did.

Lenny
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway