Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Sorry for the cross-post. (To the forum admin: Feel free to remove my post in the Multimedia board. I don't think that board is well enough trafficked to get an answer to my problem. I couldn't figure out how to remove it.)

Last night and today, when I click on a link to try to listen to a baseball game on MLB Gameday Audio (Sprint) on my Treo 700p, I get a Treo error message saying essentially that my 700p doesn't recognize the type of file. Same thing when I try to click on the MLB Radio link (which is the only option right now, since there are no live games at the moment). Specifically, instead of treating the link as a recognized file to be opened with Kinoma, it pops up a dialog box that says the type of file is unrecognized and asking if I'd like to download it to my card.

Can anyone with MLB Gameday Audio on Sprint do me a favor and see if they are able to connect to either MLB Radio or a live game? I'm trying to figure out if it's my Treo or something at the source (i.e., some temporary problem with the way MLB or Sprint set up the links yesterday and today). I was listening two days ago and haven't changed any settings since, so I can't figure out how it could be a problem on my end..

Thanks.

Mike
    Just listened to the Seattle vs. White Sox...No problem whatsoever.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Thanks. I can't figure out what the problem is, but my girlfriend's Treo is doing the same thing. I even hard reset hers and tried it before installing anything. (Yes, I chose to do it to hers and not mine -- she was in the other room.) It still game me the error message that it didn't recognize the file type, so it can't be a conflict with any software I've installed.
    I have the same problem! I was listening to games on saturday and on sunday I got the exact same errors you describe. I've tried to get sprint customer service to help. They had me reset the browser to no avail, then started a "ticket" for the engineers to look into it. The engineers have yet to reach me. Let me know if you get an answer; i'll do the same
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I've now been bounced from MLB Advanced Media to Sprint, back to MLB, from MLB to M-Cube (which apparently runs MLB's Mobile services), and from M-Cube back to some email address at MLB that seems to be devoted to mobile issues. So far, nobody has been any help. It's not that anyone denies there is a global problem listening to Gameday Audio on a 700p. I never even get that far. They all say I'm talking to the wrong company. I just wish one of the guys at MLB Mobile had a Treo. Maybe they'd notice the problem on their own.

Nobody else can confirm that their access to Gameday Audio on a 700p works or doesn't work?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Making progess. I sent an email to MLB Mobile and got this back:

Michael, thank you for your note. We are working to remedy the issue. I will send you a note within 24 hours with an update.

Adam
    MLB.com/mobile
    I haven't had this problem. My games start and play fine. The problem I have is that, after the audio plays for several minutes, Kinoma stops playing, and I get a message saying "Unauthorized" in red. In order to get it going again, I have to go all the way back to the web browser and start it again.

Have any of you had this problem?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thczv View Post
    I haven't had this problem. My games start and play fine. The problem I have is that, after the audio plays for several minutes, Kinoma stops playing, and I get a message saying "Unauthorized" in red. In order to get it going again, I have to go all the way back to the web browser and start it again.

Have any of you had this problem?
    I have the "Unauthorized" problem as well; it's very annoying. It's also annoying that although I have upgraded to Kinoma v4.1.2, MLB Gameday Audio launches the embedded media player (version 1.x).
    Last edited by TreoAZ; 05/08/2007 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Found my answer
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I get a similar problem too with my Sprint 700p. I get up to 15 or 20 minutes of uninterrupted listening before I get a timeout and have to start the stream again. What really sucks is that I can’t just close Kinoma and click on the link to the game. I completely exit Blazer and then reopen it (it helps to set Blazer to open to the last page visited). Then I can get back to the game. I’m hoping this is a bug on MLB Audio’s side and not another 700p “feature.”
    I have also had the "unauthorized" issue...Sprint 700P.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I get the sense that Sprint's authorization system is pretty buggy. The problem I had at the start of this thread turned out to be a problem with Sprint's authorization system. A very helpful guy from MLB Mobile and I isolated that as the source of my problem. He then sent a message to Sprint and they did something (I don't know what) and I was up and running again by that night. But I still get timed-out with that "unauthorized" message like the folks here and have to essentially get re-authorized by going to Blazer and reselecting the game.